“Great service and location”
Review of The Oxford Belfry

The Oxford Belfry
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milton Common
Stafford
“Great service and location”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed in hotel for wife's 50th birthday. Staff were very obliging and helpful with decorating bedroom etc. We stayed for weekend in an upgraded room which was huge and comfortable. Location to thornhill park and ride excellent as 10minutes up the road. No hot water one morning and no heating at times were a little irritation but overall would have no hesitation in staying again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philybabes
Julian W, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Philybabes,
Thank you for your review; I'm glad to hear the team looked after you and that you enjoyed your wife's birthday weekend. We hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards
Julian White

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Southamptop UK
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I booked The Oxford Belfry as my Hen Weekend and got a very good deal of £135pp of 'use of the spa, one spa treatment (either a 1 x hour treatment or 2 x 30 minute treatment), lunch, 2 x Coctails per person, canapes, dinner, bed and breakfast! For the money we paid, it was amazing!

We went as a group of 16 people, before we went the spa emailed me and we booked in everyones treatments for the day, there was a large list of treatments that the hen party could choose from, the reservations team also emailed me before the arrival and booked in our table for dinner, table for breakfast, room list and also reserved an area for our cocktails and canapes.

On arrival (10.30am) we weren't expecting to be able to check-in to the normal time of 3.00pm but all of our rooms were ready for us and we were quickly checked in, I was given a free upgrade to a lovely huge room and the rest of the party were in rooms next to each other which made things easy.

We made our way to the spa where we were given, Towels, Robes and Slippers. They showed us the facilities and where to wait when it was time for our treatment (as we were a large party we had treatments booked throughout the day). When it was time for peoples treatment they waiting in the treatment waiting room, where a member of staff arrived and knew exactaly who they were and what treatment they were having.

The lunch provided was massive, it was a buffet lunch which was hot meals, like pie, fish or a veggie dish, jacket potatoes, beans, salads. There was also a large range of desserts which included chocolate cake, waffles, pancakes, fruit. At lunch we were asked to order or evening meal and could spend £26pp which was a 3 course meal.

In the evening we had a reserved area away from everyone else that we used before our dinner and after our dinner, we had a lovely server called Robi who looked after us all evening and worked his socks off! Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff working here.
At dinner our table was in an enclosed room at the back of the resturant so we didn't distrub the other guests staying at the hotel, our food arrived Hot and to order as several of us had steaks all cooked to how we requested. Robi our server had even arranged a drinking game for myself being the 'Hen'. We were also given a bottle of wine by the hotel during dinner

Again in the morning we had tables ready waiting for us at breakfast.

I will be returning to the hotel again,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mrs_0709
Dear Mrs_0709,
I am so delighted that your hen party was such a success. Thank you so much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again!
Birmingham
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Went here on a spa break. Amazing value, 1hr spa treatment, lunch, 3 course dinner and breakfast for £99!

The hotel room was great, nice big rooms. The spa facilities were nothing special but did the job. The treatments were fab though. Lunch was superb! A buffet with a great selection of food, hot and cold and desserts. Dinner was lovely and our waitress Mary was brilliant and made us feel really welcome, in fact all the staff were very good. Breakfast was also good with another large selection to choose from.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brumbrum33
Dear Chakataka,
Thanks for your review; I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your spabreak and were looked after well by the team. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Rochdale
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here for two nights at the end of March and felt slightly disappointed upon arrival as the hotel felt a little dated and not quite what I was expecting.

I ate lunch in the bar area and found the service and food pretty poor, I ordered a dish and when it arrived the waitress informed me that they didn't have any baba ganoush which was why I had ordered this in the first place. I pointed out that maybe they should have told me before they brought the dish out, as I may have ordered something else. The service was hit and miss and the bar area felt a little grubby including dirty menus, not what you would expect.

My room was very large and spacious but again felt a bit worn and wasn't quite clean enough, I was surprised however to find a silverfish in the bathroom. When I mentioned this at reception the lady didn't seem that bothered. Not a great response. The worst aspect of the stay was being woken at 08.00am by the Gardner running machinery on Sunday morning, again when I complained I was told that the work was being carried out on the opposite side of the hotel so it shouldn't bother me. The weekend I stayed it was boiling hot so all my windows were open as were all the hotel windows in the corridor so I think it was inevitable that you would hear the noise. Regardless of where the work was, why would you arrange landscaping for that time in the morning?

I ate dinner in the hotel on the first night, and it was okay but nothing special.

This is my first experience of a Q hotel and unfortunately I don't think I'll be using the chain again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Julian W, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear MysteryGuestRochdale,
Thank you for your review; I'm sorry to hear that you were underwhelmed by certain aspects of your stay. As you can see from some of our recent reviews here, we do our utmost to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us, so I am disappointed that we didn't achieve this for you. If you do book to stay at a QHotel again, please do mention your experience and we'll do our best to make your next stay a better one.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

6 of us girls went here for a relaxing night and got a package for £99 including room, wine, lunch, treatment 3 course meal and breakfast.
Amazing!!!! Could not fault anything and the food was amazing. Everyone bent over backwards for us and the grounds were well kept. I'm already planning another stay with them.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Tinabean007,
Fantastic! Thank you so much for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Cumbria
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Travelling from the North of England we decided that we would break our journey by finding accommodation about 50 minutes or so to London. Just off the M40 so ideal! Everything about the hotel was lovely. The staff were friendly and efficient, the concierge were very helpful. There were three weddings going on during the time we were staying therefore we expected that there may be some noise late into the night. This was not a problem, we slept peacefully in a lovely, comfortable room with a great bathroom. Breakfast was as you would expect in this type of hotel (buffet style) and there was something for everybody's taste. We would highly recommend this hotel as a stop off point or for a short break.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear AliGCumbria,
I'm glad you found a restful place to break your journey to London; as you mention we are ideally situated for this. I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your trip and we hope to welcome you back the next time you're travelling.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We have just got back from this hotel and all I can say is WOW!
My husband booked the Christopher suite room 353 for my birthday we arrived at the hotel to be greeted by friendly staff on reception who insured us if we had any problems let him know but as soon as we got in to our room we was very impressed separate living room and bedroom and bathroom was so spacious and clean! As a cleaner myself i could tell this was cleaned to a very high standard.
Bed was so big and comfy
We had a table booked for 8.10 staff were nice and friendly food was lovely and enjoyable, I ordered the rump steak only to be told they had run out of rump and offered me fillet and it was so lovely and soft.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay here it really is lovely and up to standard wish I could return again soon!

only down side is that its quite a way to oxford town itself but having the room we had we didn't need to go anywhere!

We had room service and the cooked breakfast was like amazing so much food I couldn't finish it.

Room Tip: room 353 is amazing!