“Relax in style...”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milton Common
hampshire
“Relax in style...”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just got home from a lovely 3 day, 2 night stay at the Belfry.....
What a treat..... 6 ladies, 3 rooms, all of which were faultless, well decorated and very very clean.
Used the spa , sauna, steam room and pool, all are in good condition and well kept.
The hotel itself is well kept, nicely decorated and has loads of beautiful grounds, places to sit a pretty views.
But the best part is the staff....
Every single member of staff from reception, to bar staff ,spa or cleaners, were smiley, friendly and helpful......
..... And the food was Amazing....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Julian W, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Shazzarooney,
Great review; thank you so much. I'm delighted that the team impressed you and your party and we hope to welcome you back again!
Julian White

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently stayed at the hotel for 1 night while on my friend's Hen party.
The rooms was lovely and comfortable, couldn't fault it.
We had a yummy 3 course meal, in our own private dining area. Although the service was a little bit slow the food was ok. Our deal included 2 cocktails, although the cocktail menu was limited with only 5 choices.
The morning of our departure was when we visited the spa. Although there aren't as many facilities as some hotel spa's we still had a lovely time. Also had 2 treatments which were very relaxing.

Overall we had a lovely stay and the staff are very welcoming with great customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear CatC86,
Thanks for your comments; I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your friend's hen spa party and that the team looked after you well. We are ideal for such events given our location is great to get to from all corners of England and our spa offers some fantastic packages. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back again for your next celebration!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed over night on 25/5/14 on a Spa break including a bottle of pink fizz on ice waiting for us in the room, Dinner, Bed, Breakfast and lunch with a one hour Spa treatment and use of the pool and saunas all for £119 - what a great deal !

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sarahshearing
Julian W, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Sarah S,
Thanks for your review; I'm glad you enjoyed your spa break - as you say, it's excellent value for money! We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 night, while at a work party. It was a lovely hotel, I found that everything was very clean and tidy. The staff were lovely. I had a great room, which opened up onto a patio area (which as a smoker is great, as I could just go straight out from my room, instead of having to wander through the hotel)
As mentioned, I was at a work party here, and during this again, the staff were great. The service was very smooth, and there were no issues with the sit down dinner. In the morning, we also had a separate area for breakfast, which was great!
The grounds here are lovely (especially in the sunshine) there is lots of outside seating.
I also ate at the bar, and the food here was really good - though could have been a little more descriptive in the menu.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay, and would happily recommend this place again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank beize
Dear beize,
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your work event here and were looked after well by the team. We hope to welcome you back again, perhaps for a leisure break next time - there are some great Summer offers on our website!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in May, whilst the hotel provided a great base to explore all of Oxfordshire's delights including the City Centre, Bicester, and Blenheim Palace, we felt the hotel was overall disappointing for the price paid.

Whilst the staff were excellent, and cannot be faulted - great customer service and friendliness, there were a few 'niggles' I wouldn't expect from a 4* hotel;

- The decor in the room was very dated, unimaginative and like a thousand other hotels.
- We stayed in summer yet the beds only had a duvet option on, no sheet
- In addition there was no air con just an old fan, and the rooms were too hot and stuffy
- No bottled water in the rooms or a sign saying if the tap water was drinkable
- No safe facilities
- No fridge or mini bar facility

In addition we wanted to book a spa treatment but reception didn't have the details, so had to go down to the spa. We then wanted to book the restaurant but they didn't have the dinner bookings, so had to go to reception - it wasn't made easy for guests.

Restaurant was OK but overpriced hotel food, nothing special. I'd head into Thame for the evening instead!

Overall not bad, but don't have high expectations. To me this isn't a four star, but an expensive 3*.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Blueyedgal123
Dear Blueyedgal,
Thanks for your comments; I'm delighted that the team looked after you well, but sorry that a couple of things meant that you were not entirely happy with your stay. On a couple of your points should you stay with QHotels again, all our upgraded rooms have bottled water and Qstar rooms have a mini fridge with QStar extras inside. Please have a look at our website for further details.
Cornwall
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on a business trip - so here are the results:
Location was great for me - I was working in Oxford but wanted to stay outside - so a short run in the morning to work.
Parking was fine - lots of room - so no issues there.
The hotel is large and low level fairly new - no zircon in the room that I had - but that wasn't an issue on the day - it may be during the warmer weather, but my room was a suite with double aspect so windows could be opened plus I noted the provision of an electric fan in a cupboard should it be required.
The room was nice - as I said I had a suite (normal cost is around £200 per night I understand?) Comfortable and large - the bed unfortunately was only a normal size, it would have been nice to have a king size in such a large room. Bathroom was good, with a tub and separate shower, very nice and roomy.
Sleep quality was OK with no noise or disturbance and good if you have to catch up on work!
Facilities - I didn't really use, but I understand there is a gym and a spa - so all good!
Eating - bar and restaurant - the bar is fine - large area with plenty of seating - Limited on 'real ale' and providing the usual lager etc on draft - so if you a 'real ale' person - no - it's not good - but otherwise fine.
Restaurant - food was OK - I have had much better, but nothing here to complain about really - it was OK. I thought the menu was a little limited - but again it was fine as I was only there for one night. The service in the restaurant was - well to be honest lacking - and by that I don't mean the staff - the staff were great - BUT - the timing was pretty bad - I am assuming that this was due to maybe limited staff on duty? Whatever it took a long time to get served and also between courses - this may be OK for some people but - for me two and a half hours took up a lot of my evening and I needed to work. So - it's maybe a small point?
Front desk staff - great - so - overall a nice hotel - could be better - but - overall - well done!

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room and it was exactly that - very good indeed
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bapsy3732
Julian W, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Bapsy3732,
Thanks for your review; I'm glad we met your requirements for an overnight business trip to Oxford. Your comments regarding slow service have been brought to the attention of the appropaite managers. Thanks again and we hope you'll come back and stay when you're in the area again.
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed 3 nights her. I usually stay in hotels but commute to offices for work but this week stayed and worked in the Hotel. Staff were very helpful and reacted quickly to requests. Had a buffet lunch each day which was varied with something for everyone, just very similar from day to day. Dinner was pre-booked for a faster service and the restaurant staff lived up to expectations serving us within a few minutes of taking our table. Soup, braised beef with season veg and a beer was £25. Pint of San Miguel £4.05

Room Tip: I had room 355. Huge room with sofa area and walk in wardrobe, shower unit and separate bath. Room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear on2thefraudteam,
Thanks for your comments; I'm pleased to read that the team looked after you well during your business event. Perhaps we've converted you to staying and working in hotels rather than commuting to offices?
Julian white
#7 of 44 in Oxford
Holiday Inn Oxford
Holiday Inn Oxford
#12 of 44 in Oxford

Been to The Oxford Belfry? Share your experiences!