“Birthday 2 Night Stay”
Review of The Oxford Belfry

The Oxford Belfry
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Milton Common
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was my second stay at The Oxford Belfry.
The staff are brilliant, on arriving we had a small issue with our booking at the spa, not only did they book me in for a complimentary massage the following day but my room was also upgraded.
On both stays here it has been a very relaxing and enjoyable experience.
I would definitely recommend a riviver back massage by Rachel, it's a must!

I'll Be Back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
Julian W, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Paul M,
Fantastic to hear that your return stay was a successful one and that you enjoyed your massage. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

What a treat to find a chain hotel that has such excellent friendly staff and such good food. We turned up expecting to be honest just another look alike hotel, but from the minute we checked in the staff could not do enough for us. The room was lovely too - a really great size bathroom with a walk in shower, and a lovely king size bed - why can't all hotels provide this?
The food in the restaurant was excellent and the service immaculate. The spa was great too.
If I could find a fault it would be the very slow service in the coffee/bar area during the day, and the incessant piped music in the restaurant which we asked to be turned off. Other than these quibbles a first rate break.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are a long walk from the restaurant so if you have mobility problems ask for a roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear AcolLondon,
Great comments; thank you so much. I'm pleased to hear that the team looked after you and that you loved your room and the food. I hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed for one night and was a quiet location, the room was lovely and well equipped, had a very comfortable bed and our daughter loved her extra bed too and as the bed was added as an extra she also had her own toiletries on her bed , never enough milk in any hotels , asked at reception and was given the extra coffee and as there was no milk cartons she said would get us some milk in a jug sent up to the room , sadly this never appeared , breakfast was ok but the croissants and pastries were all in a large tray and a little mushed about , the choice was ok and my husband and daughter had plenty , but I am not too much of a breakfast person , would stay again and take our own milk as we usually do as there were no shops around that we could see

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear DoncasterOwls,
Thanks for your feed back; I'm sorry we missed the milk, but I'm glad to hear you enjoyed a comfortable and quiet night with us. We hope you'll come and stay with QHotels again soon.
kind regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just got home from a lovely 3 day, 2 night stay at the Belfry.....
What a treat..... 6 ladies, 3 rooms, all of which were faultless, well decorated and very very clean.
Used the spa , sauna, steam room and pool, all are in good condition and well kept.
The hotel itself is well kept, nicely decorated and has loads of beautiful grounds, places to sit a pretty views.
But the best part is the staff....
Every single member of staff from reception, to bar staff ,spa or cleaners, were smiley, friendly and helpful......
..... And the food was Amazing....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Shazzarooney,
Great review; thank you so much. I'm delighted that the team impressed you and your party and we hope to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently stayed at the hotel for 1 night while on my friend's Hen party.
The rooms was lovely and comfortable, couldn't fault it.
We had a yummy 3 course meal, in our own private dining area. Although the service was a little bit slow the food was ok. Our deal included 2 cocktails, although the cocktail menu was limited with only 5 choices.
The morning of our departure was when we visited the spa. Although there aren't as many facilities as some hotel spa's we still had a lovely time. Also had 2 treatments which were very relaxing.

Overall we had a lovely stay and the staff are very welcoming with great customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear CatC86,
Thanks for your comments; I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your friend's hen spa party and that the team looked after you well. We are ideal for such events given our location is great to get to from all corners of England and our spa offers some fantastic packages. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back again for your next celebration!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed over night on 25/5/14 on a Spa break including a bottle of pink fizz on ice waiting for us in the room, Dinner, Bed, Breakfast and lunch with a one hour Spa treatment and use of the pool and saunas all for £119 - what a great deal !

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sarahshearing
Julian W, General Manager at The Oxford Belfry, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Sarah S,
Thanks for your review; I'm glad you enjoyed your spa break - as you say, it's excellent value for money! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 night, while at a work party. It was a lovely hotel, I found that everything was very clean and tidy. The staff were lovely. I had a great room, which opened up onto a patio area (which as a smoker is great, as I could just go straight out from my room, instead of having to wander through the hotel)
As mentioned, I was at a work party here, and during this again, the staff were great. The service was very smooth, and there were no issues with the sit down dinner. In the morning, we also had a separate area for breakfast, which was great!
The grounds here are lovely (especially in the sunshine) there is lots of outside seating.
I also ate at the bar, and the food here was really good - though could have been a little more descriptive in the menu.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay, and would happily recommend this place again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank beize

Dear beize,
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your work event here and were looked after well by the team. We hope to welcome you back again, perhaps for a leisure break next time - there are some great Summer offers on our website!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milton Common
#8 of 44 in Oxford
Jurys Inn Oxford
Jurys Inn Oxford
#7 of 44 in Oxford

Been to The Oxford Belfry? Share your experiences!