“What a pleasant surprise!”
Review of Bistro14 - CLOSED

Bistro14
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: European, French, British
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Small family run restaurant just off the market square in historic Wantage. Beautifully presented freshly cooked food from local suppliers. Fresh fish and seafood daily. 2 hour free parking in close proximity to the restaurant.
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I had eaten in this restaurant previously under old management & hadn't rated it but a friend suggested going at the weekend so thought I'd give it another go. The decor isn't exactly warm, I'm not sure what was missing but it was neither traditional and cosy nor modern and minimalistic. Even so, its clean and tables are well spaced etc.

The food and service however were excellent!!! Very attentive and professional, friendly service. We were shown the fresh 'catch of the day' - unusual in Oxfordshire but great! The menu caters for everyone - it's small but I struggled to decide as they have all my favourites!

The food was cooked to absolute perfection!! Absolutely mouth watering.

I can't wait to go back :)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Visited bistro 14 with work colleagues. Had an enjoyable evening. Fantastic food - well prepared and beautifully presented. Will certainly recommend!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a great meal at this restaurant and I can't rate it highly enough- the menu was so well balanced and would cater for many tastes. The meal we had was fantastic, full of flavour and expertly cooked and well presented. The staff were very knowledgeable, polite and clearly wanted you to enjoy the experience. Wife had scallops and I had a prawn and crab cocktail to start and what a good start to the meal it was -fresh and the flavours were amazing! Mains included stuffed chicken with chirrizo/spinach and Hake and both were, lovely if it was appropriate to lick the plate clean you would trust me! Puddings, you guessed it were - Amazing. Red wine we ordered was good as well. The overall package was wrapped up with a bill that was very good value considering the quality. We will definitely return...can't rate it highly enough.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My toddler daughter & I enjoyed a relaxed, delightful lunch. The staff were great and made a special effort to ensure my daughter was happy. She enjoyed her fresh fish chosen from the daily platter & I loved my asparagus dish.
Will be back soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Visited tonight from a recommendation from my sister in law and had a fantastic meal. Cooked to perfection and really good service from the waitress Lisa. Will definitely visit next time we are up here, there is no better place to eat. Many thanks to the Chef/owner. Would highly recommend.