The Blue Boar Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Fleece(Witney)
US$107
US$95
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Old Swan & Minster Mill(Minster Lovell)
US$238
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
US$113
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Witney Hotel(Witney)(Great Value!)
US$141
PremierInn.com
Macdonald Bear Hotel(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$129
Feathers Hotel(Woodstock)
US$208
US$195
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsscotch eggmini barpork bellyhigh streetvisiting witneycentral locationbreakfast was includedlovely roomstayed for one nightcomfy bedfull englisha lovely stayboth nightswaitroseminibarvenuepub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Recently returned from a one nights stay at this hotel which I must admit completely filled it's purpose. Cosy beds, good food and a good choice of beers. Apart from the lack of parking (which is not really the hotels fault) I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
OISite, General Manager at The Blue Boar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Hi DGJones
I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and feel that you could recommend us! Our town centre location does mean that we don't have our own car parking but we are lucky to have plenty of free parking close by.

The Blue Boar underwent another refurb which completed in March this year and, amongst other things, included the addition of air-conditioning to all rooms, improvements to the soundproofing and free wi-fi throughout the venue.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I booked in for Mothers day Breakfast for 7. This is the first time I have been back since it first opened due to terrible service and rude waitresses.

being breakfast and getting there for 9:30 I would of thought it would have gone smoothly, but no. After ordering we had to wait 45 mins For our food to come out and it all came out at different times & different portion sizes. I just couldn't believe it! the chefs really need to sort their act out! The food was yummy but also came out basically cold, they forgot our champagne which was part of the mothers day breakfast! Overall still disappointed it hasn't changed, will not being going back again!! there are much better places around Witney that do a far better job!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsRussellTravel
BBoarGeneralManager, General Manager at The Blue Boar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Temps89
I was saddened to read your review and am sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit. Having had a detailed conversation with our Head Chef, if you would be kind enough to contact me directly via blueboar@oakmaninns.co.uk marking it for the attention of the General Manager, I would like to work with you to ensure that you are satisfied with the outcome.
Once again please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Greeted by a smiling face and a warm welcome, I instantly fell in love with the place. The room is of the highest standard, and I have had possibly the greatest night sleep ever whilst here! The food and mainly the chef's need to be commended for some of the finest food ive ever eaten. The staff will do everything in their path to make your stay amazing, and I cant oversell this place enough.

If i am ever in the Oxford/ Witney area again I would not hesitate in coming to the Blue Boar for food and to stay the weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hi IeuanBeal,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a glowing review on TA. We really do appreciate your comments, I've passed your remarks onto the Chefs and our Waiting staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Blue Boar the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was headed to an event with the now disbanded 216 Squadron at RAF Brize Norton. As a reaction, I needed a hotel in the area. I scoured high and low for a 'good' hotel, not a 'cheap' one.

The Blue Boar, in Witney, looked excellent. And, as I expected, it was. Witney itself is rather well-to-do, and when you arrive on the rather 'proper' looking high street, this hotel somewhat blends in with its stone architecture.

You walk in to find a bar and a restaurant (whose Sunday Roast leaves very little to be desired); and you walk upstairs to crisp, modern-twist rooms. Gentle hues, sharp tiling and very 21st century features give it a really good feel. I knew at this point I had selected well.

If you want a single night or a couple of nights in something that, in all honesty, was the same price as some Premier Inn rooms in Oxford, then this is the one. A cracking little hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Hi Nicholashair37
Thank you so much for your kind review! I hope that you enjoyed your event at Brize Norton, I'm pleased that you found us such a welcoming and comfortable base for your visit.

Do come back and see us soon, remember that the best rates are always via the Blue Boar directly!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I won a competition for a free dinner, bed and breakfast night at this lovely hotel in the middle of Witney. Although we had to park five minutes away, this did not affect our stay. The room was lovely and there were the usual shower gels and shampoo in the bathroom. The added value was a sewing kit, nail file which came in handy. The food was amazing except the banoffee sundae, yes I know its made with cream but this was very sickly!! The duck was cooked to perfection and fell off the bone. The only downside was the mattress, it was too thin and I felt every spring. We mentioned this to the manager who apologised and advised that he would look into this. The staff were really nice and nothing was too much trouble. We were shown to our room which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool or Fitness centre so this wasn't relevant.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Kaz1529
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on TA, I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your Prize! Our staff do work very hard to ensure our guests have a good time so I'm pleased you found them all friendly and helpful.

I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Blue Boar very soon, our menu's have just changed in anticipation of some warmer weather so there will be plenty of new things to try!