“Traditional english pub and great value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 104 Restaurants in Witney
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Traditional english pub and great value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

One of the few 'proper' pubs still alive. Cozy, friendly, bustling with lots of characters and how you want a pub to be. Beams, big inglenook fireplace and smiley bar staff. We visited with friends for a christmas party and the pub was buzzing with locals as well as our party of 20 plus. We sat down for a traditional three course xmas menu at an impossibly reasonable price. The prawn cocktail was outstanding, lovely juicy prawns with a spicy marie rose sauce and my husbands brie wedges with redcurrant sauce was really tasty. The roast was a generous portion and those who wanted an alternative had been well catered for. We finished off the evening with dancing and singling along to a live music duo. Hope the town can hang on to this 'old school' pub as there are sadly so few like it left.

• Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Perfect :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Popped in with my family for Sunday lunch. We hadn't booked and it was very busy but they managed to get us a table. It was fab. Amazing portion size, a good proper Sunday dinner and fantastic value. Such a warm welcome by the regular customers (who were friendly) and the staff. I highly recommend coming here for food if you're looking for something of excellent value and very tasty!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Missgiggles44
Gloucestershire
“Terrible Food & Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Popped in for dinner in the week and had 2 course. Left a tiny amount of my soup starter and during my main course the old lady (landlord) interrupted me asking me what was wrong with the soup!!!

Had a fish main course which was also terrible.

Pub is very old fashioned, didn't think places like this still existed. Don't believe the other reviews.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Perugia, Italy
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

If you're fed up of pretentious, arty places that serve bad food at extortionate prices, this is the place for you. The food is just what I like, traditional favourites with good-sized portions at a reasonable price, there is a good vegetarian selection too. I've been here many times, it is a comfortable pub with friendly staff.

• Visited October 2013
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We popped into the Three Pigeons for lunch today after shopping in Witney , and I have to say I'm really glad we did. The menu was really good the "special chicken burger" that I chose was more than I could eat, and delicious. The staff were lovely and very friendly and the prices very reasonable. We will definitely eat here again and will recommend it to our friends.

• Visited October 2013