“Nice food!!!”

Himalayan Spice
Price range: US$19 - US$26
Cuisines: Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: It’s our aim to bring to Witney the best of Nepalese cuisine. We take pride in using only the freshest ingredients to ensure an enjoyable and unique experience for all our customers. Our foods are simply spiced and authentic. Our flavors are subtle and genuine. Our recipes are created for a cleaner, crisper, more balanced taste. This is the most delightful food you will discover.
Oxfordshire
“Nice food!!!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Had a takeaway and was very good! Very polite staff and made very welcoming when I went to collect my food. Give it a try!!!!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Harris29

york
“A great new restaurant - a bit different too.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Staying in Witney for a few days and we'd seen the good reviews on this fairly new restaurant. We certainly weren't disappointed. The restaurant is in a building which used to be a pub, in a street lined with pretty stone buildings - shops and houses. It's all on one level so there are no access problems.
First, the service was prompt, attentive and friendly throughout. We were offered poppadoms while we studied the menu. These were fine and with a slightly different pickle tray from the standard Indian restaurant.
I had vegetable pakoras which came with a little salad and some mint chutney, while my husband chose a chicken chat. We were both very happy with our choices.
For the main course we both had different chicken dishes with various spices. Both were classed as medium and we felt that was about how we'd have assessed them. The meat came in good sized pieces and the 'sauce' for both was thick and tasty. There was no evidence of the colourings used in so many Indian / Pakistani restaurants that we've visited. We had lemon rice and asked if they could do a garlic and coriander naan which they were happy to do.
The whole meal including 2 drinks came to a quite reasonable £40. We would definitely recommend this restaurant and if we're back in Witney, we will return.

Visited August 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is the second time I have been here, I had a totally different meal and both times it has been lovely. A really interesting menu, chilled out atmosphere and music, friendly staff. Good value.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Adam P
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Seriously tasty, fresh curry.”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been here a couple of times now and was impressed on both occasions with the freshness and quality of the various dishes I tried. The curries particularly are spiced to perfection, never too hot and seasoned excellently so you can really taste every authentic flavour. You won't find a layer of grease on these curries!

I'm one of those curry snobs who thinks Korma's should be banned but even I enjoyed the few mouthfuls I had of my wife's Korma!

This will very likely become a fairly regularly visited restaurant for us. Highly recommended

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank AdamFT
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We choose this restaurant due to the trip advisor comments and discovered why it's Witney's no 1 Indian, the food was amazing, we had the naga curry which was very hot but very fresh tasting. The staff were very good and the restaurant was lovely, can't recommend enough

Visited July 2014