Old Court Hotel
US$137
US$107
US$95
  • Pool
Old Swan & Minster Mill(Minster Lovell)
US$315
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Witney Hotel(Witney)(Great Value!)
US$139
PremierInn.com
Bell Hotel(Charlbury)(Great Value!)
US$68
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Macdonald Bear Hotel(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$137
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnepalese foodfour poster bedopening nightnew ownersa lovely staygood nights sleepstayed for one nightjuliandogskeshoxfordshire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were greeted by a very friendly host. The room (3) was very small and hot, you needed to have the window open to let in some air, but then you had a lot of traffic noise and the Saturday night drunks.Very clean comfortable bed. The shower room was extremely small.The breakfast was okay, although I had green mold on my toast. Would not return for another visit.

Room Tip: Don't have a front bedroom as there is a very noisy road outside.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Wendy H
Reviewed 22 June 2014

on arrival greeted by mine host Julian who upgraded us to the bridal room 8,at no extra cost this I thought was very good of him,it has a lovely four poster bed,chaise lounge,and the bathroom a large Jacuzzi(,seeing other reviews I feel that if people want updated rooms,with no dogs then they should stay in the Premiere inn down the road),we stayed for two nights it is very clean,tidy and the English breakfasts were great,we had one dinner of bangers and mash to watch England lose to again in world cup,we found staying here in a ye olde place was good and we felt Julian was very down to earth and very helpful at all times,we would and will stay there again soon thank you Julian for a lovely stay

Room Tip: room 8 is lovely
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Owner has 2 long coat sheepdog,s type dogs,which are allowed to roam free about the hotel including dinning room, bar and residents lounge. On arrival one wet dog was sitting in a chair in the bar area. In the residents lounge by the chairs is a bowl of dog food and a bowl of water. I have owned dogs for the past 25 years but this place stinks of dogs. We had 3 rooms booked as my children were taking part in a triathlon at Blenheim place which the owner knew, however on returning fron dinner else where I was told he expected us to eat at his hotel. On discussing breakfast times I was told breakfast started at 8:30 but when I explained we needed an earlier breakfast as we had to be at Blenheim palace at 8:30 no alternative was offered hence we paid for 5 breakfasts and received none. I would not stay here ever again especially as Witney has some very up market hotels and restraunts

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank 30derek
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My one night in Witney was not a good one thanks to this hotel , moved rooms once from room 12 cold damp room also window would not close , ended up in room 5 not much better . Don't be fooled by the nice reception and bar area ,once you go out back to the rooms it all changes for the bad .The whole place needs a major revamp I will never stay there again

Room Tip: room 12 you carnt stand at the toilet , room 5 en-suite is disgusting , go to the new premier inn down the road
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Steve W
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been staying in Oxford/Witney for work for the past 6 months, and have stayed in a number of hotels in the area. I spent around 6 weeks at the Old Court Hotel, in various rooms throughout the weeks.

The hotel is situated on the outskirts of central Witney, on a mini roundabout which can make for some interesting manoeuvres when the tiny car park is full. Luckily, there is an industrial estate just up the road where I used to park overnight if the car park was full.

The rooms all have very comfortable beds and linen, and the service provided is great value for money. I was on the dinner, bed and breakfast deal, although rarely had the breakfast. When I did however, I was always able to get a bacon sandwich 'to go', and the dinners were always of extremely good quality.

With so many people staying on a weekly basis, Julian often cooked a large meal for us all the help ourselves to, however this wasn't set it stone and you could still order off the menu on the D,B&B deal.

The rooms are small and the bathrooms are basic, but the beds were always comfortable and the rooms were always clean. Some of the rooms could do with being updated, and there is one room with a shower in the actual room, and it also had a window that didn't shut - not perfect during the winter months. The toilet was also at the end of the sloping ceiling which is not ideal for a 6ft 4 man to use.

Overall, there are better hotels around if you are looking for room only, but with the included meals it made it superb value for money. My last visit was in late 2013, so I cannot say what it is like at the moment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business