“The quality of the food and service never disappoints”
Review of The Harcourt Arms - CLOSED

The Harcourt Arms
Price range: US$20 - US$31
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We dropped into The Arms for an impromptu meal last night. It was relatively quiet, being the night before New Year's Eve, but the full menu and Steak Night specials (every Thursday) were all available.

Only two of us took a starter: our daughter thoroughly enjoyed the home-made Mushroom Soup and my Trout and Asparagus Salad was absolutely delicious!

We all went different ways for the main course - my wife couldn't resist the Sirloin Steak and our daughter's young friend had the Chicken Piri-Piri (also from the steak night menu), whilst our daughter took the Spinach and Mushroom Ravioli and I stuck with fish, having the Pan-fried Sea Bass. Everything was cooked to perfection and only the garnishes were left on the plates by the time we finished.

I was beaten by the time it came to puddings, but the girls couldn't resist (a sweet is included with the Steak Night main courses). Two of them had the Poached Pear and the other was brave enough to take on a slice of Treacle Sponge - and finish it!

For drinks, the youngsters had diet cokes, whilst my wife enjoyed a Bacardi & Coke followed by a large glass of Pinot Grigio. I, on the other hand, stuck with Real Ale - there were 5 to choose from including the locally brewed Hobgoblin, but I opted for Cornish Tribute - absolutely fantastic.

1  Thank ConfusionCorner

Reviewed 25 October 2010

Have eaten here a number of times. The pub is very welcoming and family run. The range of real ales is a real bonus to those of us that have the taste and the food is prepared with real passion and attention to detail.

2  Thank HotChilli99
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I eat there regularly with family and friends or for business lunches and always receive a warm welcome from the owners and staff.

At the Harcourt Arms, they understand the secret of running a successful village pub. They stock a selection of good wines at reasonable prices and look after their beer. The menu is a delight and changes with the seasons, with everything prepared on the premises (no short cuts with the sweets here!). Everything is cooked to perfection and lovingly presented.

In short, a delight!

1  Thank ConfusionCorner
Reviewed 18 January 2010

Following our family lunch for 14 of us, we would like to say that the Harcourt Arms offered us all that is great in the gret british pub!! Log fires, cask ales, a warm welcome and friendly service and of course excellent modern british food.
We opted for their three course £13.95 Sunday Lunch. With a choice of 6 starters, mains and puddings, there was plenty of variety to please ages 4 to 70+.
Well done!!

4  Thank OxfordGjd
Reviewed 20 November 2007

A fantastic local with real fires, good food and great wines;and for the men I guess a good choice of beers...Well worth a visit!

3  Thank Claire H