“Lovely short break”
Review of Stone Barn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleedownton
Stone Barn
Ranked #1 of 1 Cleedownton B&B and Inns
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Lovely short break”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night whilst visiting the medieval Christmas Fair in Ludlow, lovely accommodation very clean and comfortable. The hosts were very friendly and welcoming. Not far from Ludlow which is a well worth a visit.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tetbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed with my wife and 2 teenage children. Helen and Colin made us feel very welcome. Interesting arrangements of room upstairs. Quiet location and excellent breakfast. Added bonus of nationally rare moss growing on roof tiles (Grimmia laevigata) so have a look out from the velux windows. Thoroughly recommend this B&B.
Peter M.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Peter M
Llansantffraid Glan Conwy, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights earlier this week on business. Our training provider arranged and paid for the stay, so I can't comment too much on value but the hospitality was exceptional.

Helen and Colin (I hope I've remembered their names correctly) were very gracious hosts, offering a warm, friendly welcome and always eager to help. The breakfast was both generous and delicious, served in a charming dining room. The room was nicely appointed, comfortable and very clean.

The location is relatively secluded but the building is on the road for easy access so a nice compromise if you're looking for somewhere quiet but easy to reach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert J
Upper Beeding, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Helen & Colin are absolutely wonderful hosts. They really go out of their way to make your stay
a pleasurable experience! We stayed at Stone Barn for two nights with two little children and they loved it so much, they didn't want to go home!
Food was fantastic. We are not the biggest fans of English breakfast so Helen made such an effort to make it special and gave us so much choice, we felt spoiled! Also, coming back after the whole day of sightseeing and having excellent meals and home baked cakes waiting for us, was just amazing.
We couldn't have asked for more.The place was spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated, full of lovely furnishings and little bits and bobs that kept our children always occupied.
Hope to return soon!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Agnes S
Bristol
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stayed at this characterful converted barn for three nights last week with my partner. The accommodation was excellent and we were made very welcome by Helen & Colin. Breakfast was superb. A very peaceful location but easy to get into Ludlow. Definitely hope to return and would have no hesitation in recommending this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed at Stone Barn a month back whilst going to a wedding in Ludlow. The accommodation was excellent and the breakfast was amazing. I will certainly stay again as my hosts were lovely people and made me feel very welcome. I am already planning my next visit which is going to include some fishing on the River Severn (only up the road). As a fisherman, I also noticed some fishing pools a mile or so up the road which I might also pay a visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed here with my partner on Saturday night as we wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of Birmingham. We couldn't of asked for a better stay, both Helen and Colin were fantastic hosts and really made us feel welcome! When we arrived we had tea and homemade cakes in the gorgeous garden. We then had the most comfy nights sleep to be woken with the smell of freshly cooked bacon. We left feeling like new! Will definitely return when we are in need of some country fresh air.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleedownton
Fishmore Hall
Fishmore Hall
#1 of 8 in Ludlow
Angel House Bed & Breakfast
Elm Lodge
Elm Lodge
#2 of 48 in Ludlow
The Graig Bed and Breakfast Ludlow

Been to Stone Barn? Share your experiences!