“Well worth a return visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleobury Mortimer
The Crown At Hopton
Froxfield, United Kingdom
“Well worth a return visit”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a return down memory lane stay ! We ate in the restaurant each night and the food was excellent for breakfast there was plenty of choice including kippers beautifully cooked poached eggs and a fantastic Shropshire Grill ( not for the faint hearted )
The bar is popular with locals and has a great vibe with local ales and ciders - the owner terry is on hand and loves to speak about the history of the place - a real character -
the room was spotless and well maintained and more than adequate - a great place to enjoy Shropshire - I will return again one day !
Many thanks Terry & Winnipeg

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank terry2004

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Cambridge
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Located some two miles from Cleobury Mortimer in a small village The Crown is easily found at the side of the main road to Ludlow. The accommodation varies from room to room, according to fellow travellers. It would appear that if you can get a room in the extension you are better off. The reception is somewhat cluttered. Breakfast does not start until 08:30 am , although I was not told this on check in and there was no information in the room. The food is fine , a bit overpriced but good quality and the breakfast varied from one day to the next in quantity. There is a cheaper evening menu up to 19:30 but unless you ask you do not get charged this discounted rate (I didn't). Overall I would visit again, especially on a reduced rate voucher.

Room Tip: Rooms 17 and 18 appear to be those most recommended by guests I spoke to.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cotonboy
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

OK...after reading some of the negative reviews on here- I have to be honest I was very worried. I had got this 2 night break on one of the deals (can remember which one as am a member of so many- possibly wowcher) anyhow I encouraged my mate and his missus to come a long too - before I read the feedback. Well...what was I worried for - Staff all very polite and friendly - Manager very pleasant guy - food and service excellent! .Value for money - Brilliant! Believe me I am not a person who would write a review like this if it did not deserve it- quite the opposite- if I had a bad experience I would shout about it. So would I go again?- most definitely yes!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Alan S
bolton
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Good base for surrounding area. Wowcher deal, not worth full tariff, friendly staff member checked us in, later to find out friendliness is overrated when one meal was completely undelivered. Room cleanish, stains on carpet, towels excellent white, fluffy and large but 2nd night tea tray was left with stains. With better management could be much better

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have just returned from a three night break at the crown and on the whole think we definitely got what we paid for. We took our dog and were given a room in one of the cottages so the dog could go into the garden. The room was quite small but served its purpose well. The only downside was that there wasn't anywhere else in the room to sit apart from the bed which was not good for my husband who suffers with a bad back The inn is very large and old and could do with a little updating but this is a big undertaking and will not happen overnight.. contrary to the negative reviews I have read the staff were all very friendly and helpful, perhaps laid back but that suited us down to the ground. The food, including the breakfast was good and served efficiently and quickly. On the whole the break was excellent value for money and we will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor of the cottage which was lovely and peaceful for the first two nig...
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Please do yourself a favour save your money as this inn is a big let down from the lack of customer service to the poor quality out dated accommodation. Our room had a used condom in the bedside table & a cracked sink. I was very disappointed that their gluten free options consisted of not eating 90% of the limited menu as they are no gluten free alternatives as they had stated on there website. Staff seem very unprofessional and rude at times and very badly organised hence renaming this place as fawlty towers. Breakfast is served from 8.30 - 9.30 but after waiting 45 mins while watching guests that had me waiting 10 mins eat we enquired about the delay and was made to feel like it was our fault and the waitress said its not our fault everyone has decided to eat at once so as we cancelled our breakfast as it seemed a waste of time. Very, very bad service the whole place is a big joke on paying customers expense avoid!!!!!

4 Thank loopylisa99

Travellers are raving about these Cleobury Mortimer hotels

Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

when we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and the inn was better than we expected from an old country building. We had 2 rooms(for 4 of us). One room was a refurbished room, which was roomy and very nicely done. The other room was clean, comfortable and was more typical of the age of inn, but liked it very much. We weren't planning on eating all our evening meals there, but after the first night, it was so nice, we ate there every night. The area was lovely, ideal for walking, although we didn't, but visited Ludlow, which is very pleasant. Definitely would do the whole trip again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Buckatree Hall Hotel
#4 of 21 in Telford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,135 reviews
The Lion Hotel Shrewsbury by Compass Hospitality

Been to The Crown At Hopton? Share your experiences!