See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2015

We sadly only stayed with Dinah at her lovely B&B a relatively short time but were blown away by her friendliness and the exceptional breakfasts we received and the extra help she gave me when I had so much trouble with my teeth due to having been exposed to long term chemotherapy. We enjoyed talking to Dinah and her family friends and being a bit more comfortable away from big cities enjoyed the space available at her property and the peace and quite and the sense of nature all around . She has a lovely garden with all kinds of flowers in bloom and Dinah came and got us when we were having a hard time finding her and she helped my wife out as well with some personal things . This was a service above and beyond what you could reasonably expect , but more importantly we left feeling like we had made a new friend and I am sure if we got the chance to come back to England we would definitely be looking to visit again - this time for a bit longer.

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We stayed here for one night whilst attending a 40th Birthday. Considering this is a working farm and we arrived in the middle of the day the owners couldn't have been more welcoming and attentive which included Tea/Coffee and home made cake!. Our room was ensuite, situated above the double garage and had fantastic views across the fields. The breakfast was fantastic all locally produced with some aspects coming from the farm itself. When we travel across the UK we look for these differences and Cox's Barn doesn't disappoint. First class service with a First class room from wonderful people who actually care........for me it doesn't get any better than that.

Room tip: Room above the Garage is excellent.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2015

We stayed for four nights and could find no faults. Great quiet and clean room with en suite. Excellent breakfast. Nothing too much trouble and booked evening meals locally for us. They also do evening meals themselves. We will, no doubt, be returning

Room tip: we enjoyed the loft
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2015

I arrived in the dark and I was able to access my room above the garage through instruction from the owner who was offsite at the time. Access was via a metal staircase at the back of the garage to the right. This room needed up dating however was adequate for my requirements (owner plans an update soon).

Owner cooked a lovely breakfast in the morning overlooking the fields and the sun rising - beats the usual chain hotels for views.

I look forward to returning again in the coming months.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2015 via mobile

What a fabulous place!!! What can I say that hasn't been stated before!!! A warm welcome, lovely hosts and clean and comfortable accommodation. Topped off with fabulous rural countryside views and a lovely breakfast! All for an extremely reasonable price!! Don't miss this 'little gem' of a place if visiting the area!

Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank AMP1963
Management response:Responded 12 January 2015

Hi, Happy New Year. Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Wishing you a successful year with your businesses. Kind regards, Dinah