“Not had my meal yet, but for helpfulness 100%”
Review of The Crown Inn

The Crown Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Craven Arms
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Settled amongst the rolling South Shropshire countryside in the picturesque village of Clunton is the Crown Inn, run by local family Andy and Della Peers A real country pub set in the lovely Clun Valley, an area recognised for its outstanding natural beauty. The Inn offers warm local hospitality with a range of local beers always on offer in the bar, and home cooked locally sourced food in the restaurant all prepared and cooked by Andy Peers.
Hertfordshire
“Not had my meal yet, but for helpfulness 100%”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have just spoken to a really lovely and helpful lady who has booked me a table for Easter Sunday. If the meal and time is anywhere near as good as the customer service I have just received then we are in for a treat. Am very much liikung forward to it

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank 5weet5tuff

Craven Arms, United Kingdom
“The Crown at Clunton - best food in the area”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Although I live just a few miles from the Crown Inn, I feel compelled to write about the fantastic food and service given at this pub/restaurant. I go there for lunch and dinner quite often, as it has the best food at the best prices anywhere in this area. The landlord and landlady (Andy and Della) go out of their way to make one feel welcome. The food is not only wholesome and affordable, but so tasty and perfectly cooked by Andy, who is a fantastic professional chef. On Wednesday nights, from 7pm, the fish and chip supper is famous for the excellent fresh haddock, and the best proper chips I have ever eaten. No wonder the place is bulging on Weds nights - and no-one gets turned away!
Sunday lunches are a culinary treat, with mouthwatering choices, which can be ordered to eat in or takeaway. I do eat at other venues, but find none to compere with the Crown.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank rosiedevans
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A brilliant find!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We happened to be in the area and used trip advisor to recommend a restaurant nearby. It was further out of our way in miserable, rainy (and flooded) conditions but the Crown was completely worth it!

Amazing value with 2 very tasty and generous homemade courses and plenty of drinks for 4 for just over £70! All the staff were very friendly and attentive even though they were fully booked in their dining room with a surprise 80th birthday party.

We couldn't recommend the Crown highly enough, my only disappointment was I couldn't fit in a pudding. We will definitely be returning in future!

1 Thank James k
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely country pub”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We visited some friends in Clun and they decided to take us to their favourite local country pub for a meal out. And we weren’t disappointed! Expect a lovely country pub with wholesome food served with a pleasant smile.

If anything the only negative was the portions of food are slightly over-facing.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Claire G
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The food was excellent, plenty of nice quality potatoes and vegetables and the chips were not frozen but homemade which is so rare now to find when you order a meal.
The portions were huge and delicious and great value for money.
Worth a visit!!