Great accommodation and great food....the basics of a successful B&B. However it's the extras which make Hopton House so unique.
We stayed for 3 nights in The Barn which is situated across the yard from the main house, where you take breakfast. We had a huge bed, a sofa placed to watch TV, a silent fridge which was very handy, plenty of space for your clothes and a wonderful bathroom with underfloor heating. You don't just find a tray with tea making facilities here, it's a whole table laden with goodies...a wide variety of teas and coffees, a teapot and a cafetiere, a jug of water, a pint of milk in the fridge along with bottled water, water glasses, wine glasses...is there anything Karen hasn't thought of? For those of us with a sweet tooth, there's a whole cake to enjoy and shortbread. Everything is replenished daily apart from the cake. We opted to have platters left on our arrival and these were delicious and plentiful...a Ploughman for my husband and Smoked Salmon for me, along with a whole loaf of bread! We couldn't eat it all so took the remains out with us the following day for lunch. Tip..take a container with you to put some cake in to enjoy while out.
As you are away from any large towns, it does get rather dark outside in the evening but then again Karen has left a torch. Make sure you take a few moments to gaze up at the stars which, having no light pollution, look so much brighter. Another thoughtful touch is the umbrella for those rainy times.
The breakfasts are taken in the main house opposite, in a comfortable oak framed room which has lovely views of the garden and beyond. The food is delicious and filling, certainly setting you up for the day...home made Granola, variety of fresh fruit (we had rhubarb most days), various yogurts and a variety of cooked options, all eaten while watching the chickens and birds in the garden. A wonderful start to any day. Karen does ask for your preferences the night before along with preferred time but we never have a problem with this as it ensures we're not waiting around too long.
So would we return? Definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly luxury B&B nestled in the Shropshire Hills near Ludlow. With sumptuous breakfasts; the full Shropshire with Ludlow sausage of course but also an extensive special menu with lots of vegetarian options. Enjoy watching the birds and our stunning views from your room with a cup of tea or fresh brewed coffee & a piece of homemade cake. This is the ideal getaway from it all relaxing B&B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hopton House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hopton House b&b
- Hopton House Hotel Craven Arms
- Hopton House Bed And Breakfast Craven Arms, Shropshire