“Proof of the pudding...”
Review of The Acton Arms

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morville
The Acton Arms
Ranked #3 of 3 Morville B&B and Inns
Telford, United Kingdom
“Proof of the pudding...”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

After reading Mr Wood's review about his alleged experience, we nearly cancelled our reservation for the following Friday lunch. I'm so glad that we did not. The staff were welcoming and attentive, the service was brisk, even though the restaurant was busy. One of our company's arrival was delayed, owing to an emergency, but they made sure that he was looked after promptly.
All five of our party enjoyed their choices of meals, and although we sat chatting over coffee until the other diners had left, we were left in peace. We shall certainly return.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2012

we decided to visit the Acton Arms for a spot of lunch today.. we had been for drinks before but never food.
we were seated in the nice and re-decorated dining area, the staff were friendly and prompt to deliver menu's and take drink orders. The menu was varied with choice but could do with a few more options on the" lite bites" as this was a bit limited.
we ordered the food/drinks- firstly the waiter returned to say the coffee machine had just broke so we would need to order another option of drink.. my mother didn't want anything else so we asked for a regular coffee made with a kettle. The coffee was promptly brought over but was cold!!
we thought considering all else had been so prompt that the food would shortly follow.. we waited, and waited and waited.. we waited almost 25 mins for the food-which we ordered- soup and mushrooms on toast so nothing that should take much more than 10 min to ten out.. we feel the food delivery really let it all down, we let the coffee machine problem slip as that was no1s fault but we hope, as we would visit again because the food was very nice, that next time it wouldnt take half as long- especially at lunch when people may only have limited time to dine.

1 Thank Happyfrankie
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We went to the acton on a Monday night for a family meal.4 adults one child. Service was ok and order was quickly taken. Food then took over 30 minutes to arrive, not long I hear you say but there was only one other couple in the restaurant who had already eaten. The waitress returned to tell me here was no root vegetables I accepted an alternative, the meal arrived only for me to find 20cm of plastic in my mash evidently the cling film from storage. My meal was returned as unacceptable. Within 10 minutes a replacement arrived as I cut the beef medallions they bled onto my plate, rare, I think raw is the best way to describe it, a good vet would of got it walking. I opted not to eat the dish and waited for the rest of he family to finish. The waitress then had the nerve to try and charge me for my part of the meal, poor poor poor.

1 Thank MrKWood

Travellers are raving about these Morville hotels

Mid Wales
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Went here for lunch after a walk. Only really wanted some pub grub but were presented with a set menu which we decided to try anyway. The choice was a little limited but what we did order was tasty enough. We decided against sitting in the dining room as we had walking stuff on so we sat in the 'bar' area which was a bit basic and lacked any character. Staff were ok but not over enthusiastic. Beer was generally good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank HTH8
Aberdovey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We stopped here on spec one Sunday lunchtime, not expecting anything other than the usual Sunday Lunch that you can do better at home. BUT...my wife eulogised over her goats cheese and roast pepper starter though my chicken liver pate was let down by not being up to room temperature. Mussels in cider with leeks and cream was an autumnal novelty which went down very well, whilst the brisket was pretty good too. So good we had desserts - creme brulee. Not so good. The staff seemed a happy bunch and we've never been asked so often whether everything was OK. We will be calling again when we pass.

Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank djacko
Nottingham
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stopped here as we thought it looked a nice pub. We would like to have sat outside, but got there too late and it was starting to cool down and get dark but gardens looked great for kids.
Inside, a nice dining area was provided and good menu. The waitress took my order wrong but when I asked about a missing item, she came back and apologised that it was her mistake but that the Chef would like me to take home the food that I should have so that I could try it. It was a goats cheese, beetroot and sweet potato salad. After finishing our food which was lovely, to his word, chef came out with 3 dishes and instructions on what I should do to create the dish (had the next day and confirmed very tasty!). Very enthusiastic about his work and the local produce and very friendly towards all of us as a family, encouraging us to come back so that children could play in garden etc. Shame we aren't local, as we would visit more often but shall remember and recommend it for next time.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Susannah B
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We stopped here on our way home to Oxford.
Having read the previous review I couldn't disagree more. The service, from the moment we walked through the door, was spot on -. It's nice to see staff dressed professionally.
We had two roast beef dinners and a turkey dinner which came with an adequately sized bowl of fresh, and perfectly cooked, vegetables. Without doubt the beef was the tastiest I have had in a long time. The several large slices were atop the roast potatoes and on top of everything was balanced a perfect yorkie!! The gravy was definately not out of a packet
The puddings were freahly made and we finished off with coffees (these were quite strong!!)
So, a two course meal (without any faults), drinks and coffees for 3 people came to £50.15p. That's what I call value for money for homecooked fresh food.! Well done.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Schoy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morville
Wood Cottage
#11 of 55 in Shrewsbury
The Down Inn
The Down Inn
#2 of 29 in Bridgnorth

Been to The Acton Arms? Share your experiences!