The Raven Hotel & Restaurant
The Lion Hotel(Broseley)
The Tontine Hotel(Ironbridge)
  • Room Service
Good 3.5/5
All reviewscourse taster menufour poster bedtravelzoo dealamuse bouchecar parka bit tiredmain restaurantlarge partybar areaevening mealfollowing morningroom was largea la carte menucooked breakfastthe severn valley railwayenjoyable stayfantastic food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Just returned after a one night break at this wonderful hotel. The staff and hotel were warm and welcoming and our rooms were delightful. The evening meal was a 7 course gourmet treat, beautifully presented and extremely tasty. We loved the area and will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail D
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Went on a deal - had the taster menu - fantastic. Had a lovely room (7) but it was cold - staff put a fan heater in the bedroom which was fine but the bathroom.... You certainly didn't hang around! We reported it and by the time we went to check out a plumber was on site so 10/10 for listening to feedback the town is well worth a wander - the butchers had a queue out the door on on Monday morning- very rare so must be good! In summary well worth a stay and would recommend

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Netty212
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We arrived on a very cold lunchtime to be greeted by a lovely log fire in reception, checking in was easy. Our room was spacious and well appointed. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was adequate parking on site and a well stocked cosy bar. All in all we loved the place and would go back again.
Food for non-vegetarians was good although at times I was not sure whether I should be looking at it as a piece of art or eating it! However, there was enough. Food for vegetarians and this is the only negative comment we had of The Raven, was very poor, but not unusual.
This is not a criticism of The Raven in particular, but of ALL hotels and in particular their chefs. My wife is a vegetarian and whenever we stay at a Hotel the vegetarian food is the same Linguine and wild mushrooms, or Butternut Squash Risotto or something else equally un-imaginative, I think the chefs get together and agree a national vegetarian menu. There is very little thought given to vegetarian food combinations by these chef who are supposed to be professionals. I am not a chef but I can knock up much better vegetarian meals than what is on offer in most hotels and restaurants. A chef to my mind should be able to turn his or her hand to anything culinary, otherwise they are not worth their salt. Now if any chefs are reading this and don't like what I am saying - then prove me wrong!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian I
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We arrived to a lovely welcome and were shown to our room which was very well furnished, of a good size with a really nice four poster bed. Our dinner was a 7 course taster menu which was first class served by a very efficient and friendly young lady. The whole place is warm and welcoming and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iris A A
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I booked 2 nights B&B plus a 7 course taster menu dinner. We negotiated a great price and loved everything about the break. We really enjoyed the hotel, our room was absolutely gorgeous and all the food was stunning. Strongly recommended.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple