“Crazy confusing service”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Crazy Knights
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Meet a group of friends, 8 children in total to enjoy a summer holiday get together..our experience was far from that. One child is gluten free and his mother made a phone call the day before to check if they cooked gluten free food, she was told yes the only food was fish fingers and chips. She was pleased with this as he could eat the same food as his friends. When we went to place the order we were rudely told by a member of staff that they couldn't cook gluten free chips....no offer of anything else so the mother requested an extra 2 fish fingers so her son could have a substantial meal. After nearly an hour a member of staff came and advised us that they burnt the fish fingers and they had no more, the only option was a jacket potato. The mother expressed her unhappiness and asked for a refund and was told no. The owner then came and said they could cook the chips separetely and didn't know why we had been informed otherwise and oh they've found some gluten free fish fingers. Great more time wasted. Eventually 2 fish fingers and beans arrived. A bowl of chips arrived separately brought by the chef, who clearly stated they were cooked in oil which contained gluten products. So they were not suitable. The owner was good at communicating with us but bizarrely told us all of his staffing problems and he clearly didn't understand gluten free. He did however give a refund. So the 1 rating goes to that. To sum it up, the service and communication was appalling and it ruined our day.

3  Thank FunkyFaye

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

After waiting an hour for food it comes out cold, when I complain (which I usually never do) the member of staff came over and shoved her hand into my daughters spaghetti bolognase and told me it was hot, I pointed out that the spaghetti would be hot under the recently microwaved bolognase.The staff member said ' well I'll cook them again but there will be a wait, I said I wasn't waiting to cancel our order,they said they would sort a refund and then picked up a handful of my also cold chips and cheese saying they weren't child, they wouldn't be on the bottom. I was told the reason for my wait (almost an hour) was because they had to cook fresh pasta for the spaghetti bolognase. The refund I received want correct and was given to me in lots of loose change but at they point I just wanted to leave and find somewhere to feed the four children I had with me, the youngest being only one! I won't be going back.

2  Thank Cheryl M
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I didn't even know this play area was here until someone told me about it. My twins love it, although we always go at quiet times. They have enjoyed it apart from once when they were literally hounded by 2 obnoxious 5 year olds whose parents were too busy talking to know what their little darlings were up to. Friendly staff. Take a magazine with you.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Kids enjoy playing food today terrible especially the ice cream sundae on photo showed ice cream with sauce and wafer the kids had two bits of ice with cream on top were poor.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Friendly staff, good food, kids have great fun, was quiet when we went and my grandson had a great time, much better value than the places at home (Irvine, Scotland) very clean including the toilets would definitely recommend