“not so good experience...”
Review of Crazy Knights

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Crazy Knights
Welshpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“not so good experience...”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

well I haven't been so disappointed in a long long time....get together with a group of friends to enjoy nice afternoon but it all went wrong as soon as we ordered lunch. one child has an allergy to gluten his mother phoned the day before to check whether they could cater for her son with this sort of allergy she was reassured that they can provide meals for children with allergies even if its not stated clearly on the menu. somehow the chef managed to burn the 4 fish fingers supposedly gluten free, chips were cooked in the same oil as other food, even though they were told that if they cook other food in the same oil it can make that child with gluten intolerance very poorly. Owner of Crazy Knight have not dealt with the issue in a professional manner, we as a customers do not want to hear about his problems with the staff, that is something he needs to sort out for himself, to talk about your staff to a customer is not the way to run a business. I would strongly recommend for the owners and managers to decide whether it would be good idea to upgrade and change the menu so its clear for customer to see whether they can cater for people with allergies, if they can provide meals for people with allergies then DELIVER!!! if they don't provide other meal option for people suffering with allergies don't do it in a way that they did. staff needs a proper training in people skills because they certainly don't have them. I have been to crazy knights many times before and this is a first time I didn't like it. any other time I took my children there the food we ordered was absolutely lovely but on this occasion experience we had wasn't the same. room for a massive improvement, need of staff meeting and perhaps hiring some professional staff would be very good idea.

4 Thank Monika562

Wales, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Crazy confusing service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Meet a group of friends, 8 children in total to enjoy a summer holiday get together..our experience was far from that. One child is gluten free and his mother made a phone call the day before to check if they cooked gluten free food, she was told yes the only food was fish fingers and chips. She was pleased with this as he could eat the same food as his friends. When we went to place the order we were rudely told by a member of staff that they couldn't cook gluten free chips....no offer of anything else so the mother requested an extra 2 fish fingers so her son could have a substantial meal. After nearly an hour a member of staff came and advised us that they burnt the fish fingers and they had no more, the only option was a jacket potato. The mother expressed her unhappiness and asked for a refund and was told no. The owner then came and said they could cook the chips separetely and didn't know why we had been informed otherwise and oh they've found some gluten free fish fingers. Great more time wasted. Eventually 2 fish fingers and beans arrived. A bowl of chips arrived separately brought by the chef, who clearly stated they were cooked in oil which contained gluten products. So they were not suitable. The owner was good at communicating with us but bizarrely told us all of his staffing problems and he clearly didn't understand gluten free. He did however give a refund. So the 1 rating goes to that. To sum it up, the service and communication was appalling and it ruined our day.

3 Thank FunkyFaye
Oswestry, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

After waiting an hour for food it comes out cold, when I complain (which I usually never do) the member of staff came over and shoved her hand into my daughters spaghetti bolognase and told me it was hot, I pointed out that the spaghetti would be hot under the recently microwaved bolognase.The staff member said ' well I'll cook them again but there will be a wait, I said I wasn't waiting to cancel our order,they said they would sort a refund and then picked up a handful of my also cold chips and cheese saying they weren't child, they wouldn't be on the bottom. I was told the reason for my wait (almost an hour) was because they had to cook fresh pasta for the spaghetti bolognase. The refund I received want correct and was given to me in lots of loose change but at they point I just wanted to leave and find somewhere to feed the four children I had with me, the youngest being only one! I won't be going back.

2 Thank Cheryl M
Welshpool, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Crazy Knights”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I didn't even know this play area was here until someone told me about it. My twins love it, although we always go at quiet times. They have enjoyed it apart from once when they were literally hounded by 2 obnoxious 5 year olds whose parents were too busy talking to know what their little darlings were up to. Friendly staff. Take a magazine with you.

Visited May 2014
Wrexham County, United Kingdom
“Mr”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Kids enjoy playing food today terrible especially the ice cream sundae on photo showed ice cream with sauce and wafer the kids had two bits of ice with cream on top were poor.