“Dire” 2 of 5 bubbles

Highwayman
Ranked #77 of 115 Restaurants in Oswestry
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Good food and Great Beer all with a welcoming atmosphere
“Dire”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

One Barmaid very cheerful but having to cope with quite a big queue on her own.Ordered food which took 1 hour to arrive.Food was disgusting.Worst pub meal we have ever had.Overcooked and not very warm.Chips were far from freshly cooked.Should really have complained but had to get away to an appointment and couldn,t wait for replacement .Will never come again and probably neither wil friends and family.

Visited June 2014
Thank 36Rupert .

“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Visited 12 june pub not busy, food not bad at all. Waitress service was not good had to remind waitress how many places to lay when five meals were ordered, then forgot to bring out several items from order. No focus probably little training too. Wont be going back.

Visited June 2014
Thank rgriff4 .
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“welldone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Arrived for a meal at 7 tonight to find the pub very busy, after trying to order steaks, gammon, mixed grill we were told by a still smiling Dan that they had run out so we finally settled on a man up burger meal which didn't let us down, having waited for over an hour for our food it arrived and was demolished with gusto and the free dessert went down a treat! Well done to Joe and his staff for a valient effort under difficult circumstances, will be back soon

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sandra g
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“SHOCKING SERVICE, BASIC FOOD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were in a party of 12, starters took an hour from ordering and 1 was forgotten and turned up after we had all finished ours. Mains took nearly an hour to arrive after finishing the starters and 1 of the mains were missing and again arrived when we had all finished. Staff were either very inexperienced or couldn't care less as service was appalling. The restaurant was not very busy so why did we wait so long?
We used to go here a lot from 2007 to 2012 and haven't been for a few years. Needless to say we won't be going back.

• Visited June 2014
“Dreadful service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have visit this place on a number of occasions and each time the service was awfull.I booked a Christmas meal on boxing day and had to wait over an hour even though I had pre ordered. Eventualy the food came out and my soup was stone cold. Another occasion I went for a carvery which I have to say the beef was lovely . However when I walked back to the table and noticed there wasn't any cutlery . I asked 3 separate times and eventually was given a knife and fork ten minutes later.By this point my food was cold . I also found a hair in my milk and inside the tea pot had nit been cleaned. So all in all carvery nice but service is absolutely disgraceful and will never go again.

• Visited May 2014