“Anything with chips and don't be in a hurry”
Review of Highwayman

Highwayman
Ranked #86 of 119 Restaurants in Oswestry
Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Good food and Great Beer all with a welcoming atmosphere
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The service was appalling on this occasion with one pregnant barmaid taking both food,drink and payments(most seemed to be by card all of which took an eternity to process.

On a sweltering evening i queued for over 15 minutes just to get a drink whilst the one member of staff did her best to keep everyone calm.

Rarely have i seen such woeful staffing(and I have seen bad) as what was clearly going to be a busy night with it been steak night as well as pensioner 2 for 1.

The food looked to be plentiful but of average quality (all dishes i saw coming out were weighed down with an abundance of chips, not my scene!

The drinks were excessively expensive but my Guinness was cool and tasted well.

Next time i will walk on by and wander into town.

There are newer reviews for Highwayman

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

They brought my 19 month old daughters food out on a plate too hot for even me to handle? My mash was tasteless & dry. They gave me the wrong type of peas! So they had to change them that took ages not sure why...... The wait was much longer than the half an hour we were told. Waste of money

1  Thank Emskij27
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Thankyou for the wonderful meals we had last night. The food (starters, mains and desserts) were impeccable! The price was arguably too reasonable and the Staff were helpful, friendly and went the extra mile :-). We cannot wait to come back and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We went on a Sunday and were told there would be a half hour wait for food as it was busy, which was fine. But we ended up waiting for an hour, and when the food came it was very average and basic. Bit disappointed.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I took my toddler son for a sunday carvery oi ordered my drinks an was advised that a pub yes a pub has ran out of ice.
Then got told to find a table which I did gave the number then bout 5mins later they said u cant sit at that table number as someone is already there at which I then said they cant be because we've just come from the table so they asked me which table I was at so I pointed out which one....oh thats not that table number its a different one....my response was well why has it even got a different number on then.
I proceeded to the carvery where there didnt have any small plates for my son only large beef or gammon then frozen roasts peas sweetcorn an soggy carrots followed with ready made stuffing cubes an a Yorkshire pudding that looked more like a jaffa cake.....
Once back at the table started eating then my son said dont like it I tried it all of which was tasteless an to top it all off a running commentary of how miserable a member of kitchen staff was an how she was pissing everyone off...very unprofessional and likely hood of me returning is about as likely as england winning this years world cup...