“My stay”

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Oswestry
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Oswestry
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

The Travelodge was clean and bright i was greeted by a lovely receptionist with blondish hair, very helpful. I would stay again. However The vending machine was expensive but it is where ever you go. There is food places nearby however they seem to shut when they want and not stick to their usual time depending on how busy they are. Its a shame they have not got electronic card door locks like other travelodges.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Flowerchocolate
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Oswestry

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Well what a change with the makeover, our room was on the ground floor, new windows, repaint and nice comfy bed. New kettle and flat screen TV and at long last a non slippy floor covering in the bathroom well done Travelodge.
The only complaint was there was only 2 tea bags, 1 full strength and 1 decaf coffee and 3 milk as we both drink tea not very good did ask for more tea bags and milk and was given 2 of each.

If you don't want to eat at the Little Chief or Burger King then head towards Oswestry and the Highwayman Pub, meals are good and if you show your room key you get a discount.
We ate here on a Sunday evening can recommend the carvery buy one get one free and discount on top.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnC56
Reviewed 7 December 2013

we stayed one night on the 4th dec we are both dissabled the room we where given was room 1 the reception very helpfull when we arrived about 7.30 pm.
the room was very large and warm. with nice bathroom.
but. only one chair for 2 people, and 2 single beds as we requested but only 30 inches wide (in a room big enough for 2 double beds?) we could not turn over and got a very poor nights sleep.
its a shame 36" beds cost little more than 30" beds. and this room will take them easy.

Room Tip: check the bed size before you book
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I've been in loads of Travelodges (TL) in my time, but the old guy at this one has to be the rudest.
I requested some extra coffee sachets 'full strength', my wife & I don't drink de-caff or tea and there were only two full strength sachets, so naively I asked for 4 sachets of FS coffee, I didn't realise that I'd nearly bankrupted the Travelodge brand.
First there was a load of "has Mary left any spares out" to the other half of the double act, so he went away and came back with two satches, I asked for another two for the morning, Rude old guy said "NO. we haven't got any more" I said please can I have another two I can't believe you haven't got two more??? "we have, but we may then be short in the morning" !!!!!!! I said I can't believe you think that's ok but that's fine, but please read the Trip adviser report that I'll be submitting tomorrow, and started to walk out of the door to my room. He then cussed me and said what's the problem, thinking that I'd gone through the door, I immediately challenged him telling him that I was the customer and he shouldn't talk to me like that, he dived into the back of house.
We left the TL at 5.30am and Rude Old Guy was in the corridor but again dived into the back of house when he saw us.
The other problem was, & I understand it if TL are trying to flog extra services & products was, we asked the lady on reception what time the Burger King closed (attached to the TL) " I don't know" was the answer? customer service in my view would be to flipping find out!!!!!! by the way it's 9pm on weekdays & 10pm at weekends & they're very nice in there and you get free WiFi, you should know that TL try to sell you food products from the menu lists at reception & in your room.
I should also say however that the room, very comfy bed and nice bathroom are excellent, it's just a shame that they allow a very rude old guy dominate my report.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DerbyFolk
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here before our daughter went into hospital for an operation as it was just a few minutes away. The lady on the reception was very friendly. Our room was basic, cracked tiles in the bathroom, one of the towels had stains on it. The beds were not very comfy and every time you turned the duvet covers made a hell of a racket. Tea and coffe were plentiful (only had to ask at reception for extras). Wi fi was crap, it kept going off. All in all ok for our first time in Travelodge. We are not picky but would go elsewhere next time. As our daughter did not feel like travelling to look for a meal after a 2 hour journey we had a meal at the Little Chef. Lovley friendly waitress and a good adequate meal. Pity the Pepsi cost £2.00 for a small bottle. All in all ok for our needs for 1 night but don,t expect too much.

Room Tip: Can't give a tipto recommend a good room. Ours was room 9. Traffic noise throughout the night...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank DEIANOSIAN
Reviewed 8 October 2013

You notice the difference as you enter as it looks modern and clean. We have never has a bad experience with the reception staff and it was no different here. The two tone bedroom did not look like a prison cell, the picture on the wall gave the room a bit of warmth, two chairs meant you did not have to sit on the bed. The bathroom tiles that looked unsightyly with mold and fungus is a thing of the past with "Respectec" panels all around, and a very sensible curved curtain rail stops the shower curtain clinging to you.
The water hammer as you try to turn on the shower is the only down side.
The Travelodge in Oswestry gets a thumbs up.

Room Tip: Book early for special rates.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank neemwalla
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here July 2012. The car park was good to park in plenty of room to park up. We went to reception to check in no problems there easy friendly and efficient staff given our keys to our rooms then off we went. My Dad & brother had one room which we had a mishap the room was just vacated so not cleaned but that was very quickly sorted with another. The rooms were very clean tidy and well equipped. Bathrooms spotlessly clean. Had plenty of tea/coffee sugar sachets and milk cups lovely and sparkly clean. Beds comfy firm and had a great nights sleep. We did not hear any traffic noise and the hotel was peacefully quiet. Had a great stay here and would recommend to anybody. Thank you for the lovely stay and was cute watching the wild bunnies in the field next to the hotel. Would come & stay again.

Room Tip: Second floor overlooking the fields if you have children to see the wildlife. Nice sunny and bright
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fifi68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswestry
Wynnstay Hotel & Spa
#4 of 6 in Oswestry
Travelodge Wrexham
Travelodge Wrexham
#5 of 10 in Wrexham

Been to Travelodge Oswestry? Share your experiences!