Wynnstay Hotel & Spa
  • Restaurant
US$104
US$101
Hotwire.com
The West Arms Hotel(Llanarmon DC)
US$94
US$85
  • Restaurant
The Hand at Llanarmon(Llanarmon DC)
US$147
US$142
The Hand Hotel(Llangollen)
US$131
US$128
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbowling greenleisure facilitiesno liftsteam roomwine barfour seasonslive bandold coaching inneggs benedictlarge car parklovely hotelcoach housewedding breakfaststaff could not have been moreafternoon teathree course mealmany thanks
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely welcome at reception and greeted as old friends,as we had our wedding here 10 years ago. We had a lovely spacious room,almost a suite,even though we'd only booked a standard room. The bed was nice and comfy and the room had those little extras that make a difference,like complimentary water and fresh coffee, hot chocolate and good quality biscuits on the tea tray. Two bathrobes and slippers. The bathroom was massive with a stand alone bath,as well as a shower. There were some good quality toilets as well as soft large towels. We had a beautiful meal in the restaurant. As always a favourite hotel with us.

• Stayed: February 2014
pics27, Marketing Supervisor at Wynnstay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your kind comments about our reception staff shall be passed on. Our aim is to make our guests feel right at home and we hope we did just that. We hopefully shall look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Just after Christmas and the wife has a birthday, just what can I get her for a present. I struggled getting her undies. chocs and jewellery for xmas , so what can I get her.
Then it came to me, let us have a night at the Wynnstay, have been there a few times before and never had a bad experience So that was it Wynnstay here we come.
Booked a suite and paid for evening meals on Jan 11th we made our way down, arriving at 2.15 PM booked in and we were offered help with bags to our room, but we politely declined as we had only 1 overnight bag and we had been a few times before.
2.45 PM we were in the swimming pool (free) then Jacuzzi (free) steam room (free) and sauna, and you might have guessed by now , yes (free).
5.30PM went into Wilsons bar ,had a glass of wine and up to room to get ready for dinner.

7.00PM went down to restaurant , busy but the 2 staff on had everything under control, big event on in the main room. Even though I had paid for the set menu I was Informed that I could upgrade to the main a la carte menu if there was nothing on set menu we, fancied.
No need to go onto a la carte menu as the set menu had plenty of choice, for both the wife and I. Staff were really polite , helpful and were really earning their wage.

Liz and I left the restaurant more than impressed with both quality and quantity of meal portions.
It was a special night for myself to impress Liz and I genuinely got value for my money, by the way the suite was amazing, but I am not telling which one as I want to be able to reserve that one for my next visit. In truth we have stayed in 303 and that is mind blowing in the past on more than one occasion;

Room Tip: All rooms are good quality and clean , Rear facing rooms are quieter and overlooking the bowling green.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
pics27, Sales & Marketing Supervisor at Wynnstay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and hope that we helped you to impress your wife and make her birthday one to remember.

We value all customer feed back and it is a real boost to all staff when we receive such kind praise. We strive to make every customers expectations and visit special and we do so hope we succeeded in your case.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Myself and my husband stayed here for 1 night and would thoroughly recommend. From the reception staff through to the bar and restaurant staff, everyone was extremely polite and cheerful, qualities not often found! We ate in the restaurant on Saturday evening and the food was of excellent quality and very well priced. Breakfast was cooked to order and again was tasty with the food being served on a hot plate which is something other hotels fail to do. Based on the price we paid and the service we received we would stay again with no hesitation.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your kind comments about our staff and menu choices are greatly appreciated and have been passed onto all involved. We strive to reach all customers expectations and are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we met all your requirments. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Wynnstay Hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

We went for a spa day as a party of 5, for a little TLC as we are all busy working mums. I was shown to the changing room by a pleasant young girl, all fine here, then came my turn for facial and manicure. The girl was pleasant enough forget small talk...... she gave me a form to complete, but this was obviously an bottom covering exercise as she did not refer to it. The facial was very basic, at no time was I asked about my skin the only initial question was ..... " have you had a facial before? " I have, not many I admit, and this one was certainly the worst. I assume that chatting to the client about their skin should be done if only to fulfil an essential part of the duty of care, just in case I had any concerns, and as it was done in semi dark, she wouldn't have noticed any issues , as far as I was concerned she performed a minimal mechanical procedure done many times a day, not the care and attention that may be appropriate. I tried to make conversation to help her to thaw, but to no avail. Then came the manicure, again all very mechanical, cuticles, file, cuticle oil, nail varnish base and top coat, I assumed that a full manicure involved some hand massage, maybe even some moisturising?. Obviously not, this was the minimum that you would do at home in a rush!!! I was then out the door before it had dried at all. I went to get dressed and couldn't even remove the baggy dressing gown without smudging it and leaving some on the sleeve. This "pampering" cost £45, I even had to ask for a cup of water! When I got home I had to redo the varnish to look respectable for the afternoon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah A

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. We sincerely apologise that we did not exceed your expectations. We take all feedback seriously and continually try to improve the service we provide.
We are surprised at your comments as our therapists are fully trained, experienced and work hard to ensure all of their clients have a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Due to the appointment previously booked, changing your treatment on arrival at the spa, did not leave sufficient time for you to have this treatment, I apologise if this was not explained to you. Had you booked prior to the day, we can assure you that this is the treatment you would have received.
We offer numerous packages to suit everyone including taster facials as well as comprehensive prescriptive facials and we can assure you that the consultation forms are taken seriously and are essential for us to provide our treatments safely and effectively.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Welcomed in the new year for 2014 here. The event was well organised and delivered with precision. Music and surroundings created a lovely atmosphere and I have seldom attended better. Food was very good and service excellent. We were staying the night and sadly the room was very jaded and was not particularly comfortable to be in. Hot water took 10 minutes to get to the tap as the system was full of air. It's a shame really as it would not take much to update the accommodation. Don't be put off though, staff could not do enough for us and we left the next morning after a superb breakfast feeling very satisfied. Thank you Wynnstay Hotel.

Room Tip: Stairs are quite steep so perhaps if you have health issues you may wish to request a lower floor room when booking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lifeforliving

Thank you for your kind comments with regards to your New Years stay. We strive to meet all customers expections and take a pride in our staff and how they conduct themselves.

We are sorry to hear that your room may have tarnished your stay. We are trying to update and maintain all rooms which I am sure you will agree can be difficult at busy times of the year when our hotel is at full capacity. This is something we are constantly trying to improve and your comments have been taken on board and be addressed with the correct parties.