“Outstanding” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Keys

The Keys
Ranked #9 of 116 Restaurants in Oswestry
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: HOME COOKED FOOD
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We visited the keys for a birthday party last night, we were not the only large party there, however the staff were attentive and polite, the food was incredible, despite the other large party ordering at a similar time to us, both parties received their food quickly and everything was correct.
The starters were wonderful. from the soup of the day to the pate and everything in between was just perfect. as we had my young daughter with us they offered for her meal to come out with the starters, it was a perfect portion size for her, the chicken nuggets appeared to be home made and were delicious, i have never seen her enjoy a meal so much.
The adult main courses were incredible, everything was cooked perfectly and the order was correct to the last detail (even the strange changes to the menu items).
The portion sizes were amazing, i had the mixed grill which was a challenge not for the feint of heart. each part of the mixed grill was cooked beautifully, i can not remember a better one ever!
The sizzling platter my wife to be had was beautiful, she enjoyed every second of it.
As it was my fiancée's birthday i could not have been happier with everything,
A big thank you to all the staff that made the night an unforgettable one.
We will be back for more very soon!!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TheCriticOSW

Oswestry
“What a find !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

First visit to this country pub/restaurant.Light and airy dining room.Excellent food at extremely reasonable prices.Mine host was called John and was very affable.The waitresses were helpful and professional(and very pretty!).Its high rating is well deserved .Unreservedly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Geoff M
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Best food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

This is our second visit in 2 weeks the second was for my husbands birthday and the food is just fantastic there was 8 of us which we all had lovely meals and plenty of it my husband and son had The Grill only my husband managed to eat the lot , great value for money and great food

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jackieg250
staffs
“Disappointing .....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Not being familiar with the area I turned to the normally reliable Trip Advisor & really wish we'd just stick a pin in the map and ended up elsewhere. I think it would be great for maybe a lunchtime sandwich but that's about it. One review says "the best chips on the planet" ?! Not on this planet they aren't. Don't want this to be a slating session, it's a nice enough place, but the food was very disappointing , my lasagne was swimming in oil and the mince looked grey & the other meals in our group were pretty similar in standard. Service was good but as I say, just a very disappointing experience given the reviews. That said, give it a try , for a quick pub lunch sandwich it may be fine.

4 Thank LisyB
“Great Value and Service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and I called in on our way home from work one Friday and we hadn't tried The Keys before. Very pleasantly surprised with the bright, clean and friendly atmosphere. We both had 2 courses and both were excellent value for what we received. Especially the mixed grill at £13!!! We received great service especially when we left as my partner left her phone behind on the table by mistake. As we pulled out of the car park the very kind waiter ran out into the car park to catch us and returned it... (Thank you AGAIN!) Will definately be returning!!!!