“Absolutely Brilliant, very, very good value.”
Review of Sweeney Hall Hotel

Sweeney Hall Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Oswestry
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Well where I start. My (now) Wife and I got married at the Sweeney, from day 1 of meeting Sean we knew that we had picked the right place to have our wedding. On the day Sean was on hand through out to advise as well as to put you at ease. Everything ran like a well oiled machine, the food was fantastic as well as the service, the staff were fantastic.
All of our guests said that it was the best food and service they have ever come across at a Wedding. The location is fantastic, especially if you have your Wedding there in the summer as you will be able to sit outside on the patio and look out over all the countryside.
The rooms our wonderful, comfy and clean as well as MASSIVE!
When we were first looking where to have out wedding we had looked at a few places but they were all well outside of out budget, it was my wife's brother who told us about the sweeney and after having had our wedding there I can honestly say that they could charges a lot lot more than they do.
So we would like to say a great big thanks to all at the sweeney and thank God they are not out to rip you off as in the case of all the other places we looked at. 10 out of 10!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Congratulations to Sean and Family on an outstanding Country Hotel. My husband and I had a 2 nights getaway at Sweeney Hall and the accomodation, ambience, food and staff were excellent, not to mention the views from room 5! A room on the ground floor would be a welcome adition for the less mobile. Very relaxing and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Having a young family, we only go out for a meal on special occasions.
We went to The Sweeney Hall on a Wednesday night and had the the most amazing meal. The staff were attentive and couldn't do enough before and during the meal. Both myself and my wife ordered our favourite choice and were not disappointed, the food was fantastic and by the time we had coffee in the lounge we could not fault any part of the evening.
Certainly the best place to eat in the Oswestry area, as confirmed by the other reviewers on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobH1969
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Firstly I have nothing at all bad to say about Sweeney Hall everything was first class. Stayed the night at Sweeney Hall in the Luxury King Ensuite (Room 5), the room was Lovely spacious spotlessly clean. The bed was so comfortable I would describe it as luxury so the description easily lived up to itself. Upon arrival we were greeted by staff who were smiling, helpful and pleasant. After check in and depositing our bags in the room we went to the bar area again very nice, comfortable, we were hungry and although it was past serving time for food the young man behind the bar went away and returned with 2 of the best sandwiches we have had, we had a walk around the grounds and then we spent the afternoon sat on the patio area in the sunshine sipping on our drinks more relaxing it couldn't have been. We booked in to the restaurant for our evening meal, the food was top notch and I cant see any way of improving what we had it was first class, the staff were lovely and unlike some places there was no rush to finish, the atmosphere was so relaxing which was the whole idea of our stay.Slept well, I defy anyone not to in the bed we had, up for breakfast again staff smiling and chatty, full English, proper coffee, no instant here, fruit juice, fruit if you wanted it and cereals, again all spot on. Sweeney Hall was clearly once a grand country house, well I can tell you it is now a splendid highly recommended country hotel. Would I stay there again I would say so most definitely. If you want a relaxing night away then this without doubt is the place to go. To the staff and owners of Sweeney Hall well done and thank you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scara100
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Stayed a few months back and couldnt have been more delighted. Food was excellent and superb value, the hotel, rooms and gardens are beautiful and the staff make your staff so much more pleasant and rememberable. Nothing was too much trouble for the young egyptian man, who greeted us with a warm welcome and honestly couldn't have done more for us. Have highly recommended my stay to friends and family, and will undoubtedly return. Excellent hotel and staff!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clare J
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We booked this in the morning of our stay as the place we were staying was not up to scratch.
I was a little nervous as I normally do some research but due to time couldn't. I needn't of worried it was lovely, good sized clean room and bathroom.
The staff were all lovely.
We had a drink on the patio and then had a very good Beef Wellington that was cooked to perfection. Breakfast was also very good.
I would definately recommend for an overnight stay. The only down side is that it is on quite a busy road but up a drive, however, I had my window open and it wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank P H
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I'll be honest, I don't actually know how it feels to be a Princess. I was recently best man for my friend who had his reception at Sweeney Hall. The bride's parents live close by and have eaten there several times. I appreciate that weddings bring in a decent profit, so the service was always going to be good, but the staff were friendly, and very attentive throughout the whole day and didn't hesitate to assist with any requests. The food was very good and there was plenty of it, The bar wasn't as expensive as expected, so that was a bonus as well. A very nice, subtle building in a picturesque setting. The real highlight however was the room. A very generous gift for doing my duty of best man! We were lucky to have the luxury King en suite which was just fantastic. The room and adjoining bathroom were spotless. The huge windows allowed for a superb view across the lush greenery, and the bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in. We missed breakfast in the morning because we didn't want to leave. All in all, a very enjoyable stay. Incidentally, we spent time in the cottage in the morning whilst getting ready- that looked pretty nice as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank hawaiinomad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswestry
Wynnstay Hotel & Spa
#6 of 6 in Oswestry
Albright Hussey Manor Hotel
Albright Hussey Manor Hotel
#9 of 16 in Shrewsbury

Been to Sweeney Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!