“Friendly Place”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oswestry
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Friendly Place”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We booked a night here as we were attending a nearby wedding. I think it is 3* and while it is not the fanciest place we received a warm welcome, we slept well in a comfortable room and the breakfast was really good. In the morning the weather was foul and we were told not to worry about check out and that we were welcome to stay till the storm cleared. All in all I would thoroughly recommend this place as a friendly welcome and attentive staff are always the most important aspects of a hotel.

Room Tip: Room 2 is quaint but quite a steep staircase if you have impaired mobility.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I managed to get a room here, as a very last minute booking. I have known Sebastians for some time, but primarily as an excellent local restaurant. As I was literally passing through, and was meeting friends in the center of town for the evening, I chose here because it meant a short walk rather than a taxi to the normal faceless National Hotel chains that are on the outskirts of most towns, and Oswestry is no exception. The rooms are relatively small, but cosy, and are well furnished and very comfortable with most things you need for a brief stay, and if there was a negative about the room, it was the water was exceptionally hot!! I needed an early start the following morning, which for a Sunday was more of a pain for me than them, so breakfast was good, served with the minimum of fuss and I was able to get on my way quickly, which was more of a shame really, as I would have enjoyed taking my time in the surroundings.

Room Tip: if you need a twin room, ask for room #7!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank OCContour
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I arrived here late in dreadful weather, and received a very warm welcome from the owner. A beautiful room with all the comforts, I was very happy and had a great night's sleep. Breakfast in my bedroom the following morning was delicious - disappointed I'd arrived too late for dinner! If you need pampering, this is the place.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room in the main picture, and it was lovely. Don't let the fact that it's i...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hitchin
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I ate here last night as a guest for a birthday celebration. I thought the ambience was great, the menu was short, which I always think is a good sign - the chef isn't microwaving a load of preprepared chilled food.
I liked the format, a set price per head, this eliminates large rowdy tables of customers who are planning on minimal eating and maximum drinking. No service charge added to the bill, a real rarity these days but a sign of management confidence in the service they are presenting to their customers.
Portions were small but very tasty and very satisfying.
I'd recommend Sebastian's to anyone visiting the area and wanting a really enjoyable evening out.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MumamiaHitchin
London
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at Sebastian's for a night out having a meal with friends. We were welcomed by the owner shepherding us into the car park at the rear of the hotel - he was really friendly and walked us to our room straight away (and offered to carry our bags in as well). His wife brought us fresh milk in, gave us the low down on the room which was very tastefully decorated. There were exposed beams, a luxurious king size bed with a small flat screen telly just hung on the wall next to the bed with freeview showing. The bathroom was tasteful and had a large walk in shower. The only down side to the room was that it needed a bit more cleaning to really finish it off - a few cob webs in a few corners of the room.

Location was perfect for the town centre and was great value for money. The room was also in a really nice courtyard at the back of the hotel with places to sit and sip your coffee in the morning. We didn't stay for breakfast, which was not included in the room price, however the restaurant comes highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed there a couple of weekends ago just for one night but this hotel is definitely a star find, the rooms and beds are very comfortable and clean, the best night's sleep I've had in a long time, the location is quite central to the town but also quiet enough to relax and get a good night's sleep.

The staff are amazing, very friendly and welcoming, I'd definitely go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here well over a year ago while at a wedding. Staff where very friendly and polite. Room was very nice and almost boutique in style. The wife loved it. For it's 3 star rating I was surprised. I thought it was easily a 4 star establishment. We never ate in the restaurant but was told it was very good.

I would happily stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswestry
Wynnstay Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Weston Rhyn
The Hand at Llanarmon
The Hand at Llanarmon
#1 of 2 in Llanarmon DC

Been to Sebastians Hotel? Share your experiences!