“Such a memorable stay”
Review of Greystones

Greystones
Ranked #4 of 12 Oswestry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Our 3 days at Greystones were luxurious. Cameron and Magy are delightful and gracious hosts. Cameron is also a superb chef and after one day we decided to have the rest of our dinners at the house and they were gourmet.

Tea and scones were served to us after a long rainy walk. Cameron also drove us to Shropshire to our car rental place att he end of our stay - most gnerous with his time.

Highly recommmended. We will return,

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Greystones

Reviewed 15 April 2009

We found Greystones on Trip Advisor and trusted the previous reviews for what was only our second b an b experience. Wow. To be greated with tea and freshly baked shortbreads and then shown to our magnificent suite with sherry and port decanters for our pleasure. The suite was beyond our expectations, with a huge bed, white linen, fluffy white robes and slippers. There was even a log fire if required. We had only booked dinner for one of our two nights stay but after enjoying Camerons gourmet cooking we booked for the following night. The silence was golden and the personal attention from our host and hostess beckons a return in the Autumn.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BARGEE
Reviewed 16 October 2008

To catagorise Greystones as a B & B is like referring to the Orient Express as just a train.
Greystones is a very special experience which should not be labelled as just another B & B. The property is a very nice home with extensive and well maintained gardens, but what makes it special is the warmth and generosity of owners Cameron and Magy. We were visiting friends for a birthday celebration and Cameron insisted on driving us back and forth, which was greatly appreciated.
Our two night stay was all too short and we look forward to the next opportunity to visit.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Excellent for accomodation, welcome and food.

Arriving towards the end of a holiday we enjoyed the homeliness of having the Fountain Suite, which has a separate sitting room and bathroom across a small landing. Furnishings are high quality and the decoration with well chosen ornaments and pictures appealed to us. The house is relatively modern, and the garden large and well designed.

An extra bonus after having to find restaurants was the offer of (prebooked) dinner -which was delicious, as was breakfast.

The setting is rural and very quiet, with walks available from the door. Oswestry is about 3 miles, though along a busy road.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2008

The best B&B I've ever stayed in - better than 5 star hotels. Every suite is spacious and has a sitting area and flat screen TV, top quality towels, linens and robes. Amazing food and the owners are wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2008

our son was married in july and we came over from portugal he booked us in here and i have never been to such a lovely place Maggie and Cammeron are the most wonderful hosts they can not do enough for anyone, we all had breakfast the day after the wedding (9 people in all) and again they were so good Maggie took our grandson of so we were able to sit and talk and eat the breakfast is wonderful even the black pudding which i did not eat until Cammreon gave me a sample to try first day. It is a shame they dont award 6 stars or more We would recomend anyone to visit GREYSTONES.The rooms are wonderful big and so clean.The lounge is so comftable and the gardens are beutiful and an ideal place for a wedding!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2008

I don't know how to start singing the praises of Greystones. The name is cheekily haunting for a place which is far from haunted although it does totally bewitch you into never wanting to leave. I stayed for the weekend arriving on the Friday in the beautiful sunshine and was immediately welcomed by a huge smile from the owner Cameron, a pot of perfect tea and delicious biscuits before I took in the gorgeous gardens with Zac the dog showing me around. Then in the evening I was invited to join Cameron & Maggie and Maggie's sister and niece for dinner rather than sitting on my own at a table which I jumped at - and what a fab evening. The food was absolutely gorgeous - Cameron is a fantastic chef and obviously has a huge passion for food and both he and Maggie love people which I presume is why they are so good at doing what they do - making you feel an immediate part of the family and as if their house really is your house. I hardly wanted to go to the wedding the next day (the reason why I was staying there) as I just wanted to stay with my new family in my new beautiful home.

There is so many reasons for booking this place so rather than rant on I might just list a few of the other things that make you foolish if you choose to stay anywhere else:

1) The People - Maggie & Cameron who I want to call my new Shropshire parents.
2) The Food - 5 Star the whole way cooked by Cameron whose passion for cooking really shows - book in for dinner and don't miss breakfast - if you're lucky they may even chuck in a bag of Tayto's for your car journey or a midnight snack! (Did I mention that when the electricity went down on the Sunday morning, they still cooked up a storm on an emergency gas hob!)
3) The Place - my suite was sumptuous - everything is there that you could possibly want including fluffy robes, sewing kits, earbuds, the best bed, I-Pod speakers, huge TV - the list goes on and on..
4) The Gardens - clean & serene - breathtaking and you really have escaped into a lovely world when you arrive.

The Only Problem - they make it hard for you to leave!

I am going back as soon as I can - hurray for them and thank you to them too for making my weekend beautiful.

There is so much to say about this place - and for me it was

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswestry
Sweeney Hall Hotel
#5 of 6 in Oswestry
Sebastians Hotel
Sebastians Hotel
#4 of 6 in Oswestry

Been to Greystones? Share your experiences!