“Do not stay here -I want to keep it all to myself!!!”
Review of Greystones

Greystones
Ranked #4 of 12 Oswestry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Do not stay here unless you appreciate Haute Cuisine of the highest (Hautest?) order in ultra spacious accommodation where the attention to detail borders on the fanatical in surroundings of sublime beauty guarenteed to slow the heartbeat until it quickens again in eager anticipation of the next meal!
I am hating writing this review as this place is going to be so hard for me to get a vacancy on my future visits. I have been twice so far and need to keep this place free -for me!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 September 2009

Make no mistake; this is no ordinary bed and breakfast. Consider it instead like your own personal, top-quality hotel with dedicated personal service. To include it as a 'B&B' is really to do it a great disservice. I have never stayed anywhere quite like it and would choose it without hesitation over most hotels I've experienced as one of the best you would ever be likely to find.

The most notable positive has to be the service. As a small, family business, personal service is to be expected but Cameron and Magy have it perfected. They have that unusual ability to appear genuinely interested in you as people, not just paying guests, but are never overbearing. This is supplemented by very good food which makes dining at Greystones a real pleasure.

I suppose the point of accomodation however is somewhere to relax and sleep and Greystones manages this exceptionally. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, with a range of extra touches not out of place in a top-class hotel. To cap it all, it is set in beautiful countryside, with a very well-kept garden which is ideal for further relaxing.

I would recommend this 'B&B' to anyone looking to stay in this area - there really isn't any point looking anywhere else. You would struggle to find accomodation this good for even twice the price. We are looking for excuses to head back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank drjamin
Reviewed 2 September 2009

What a gem of a find, once you have stayed at this Luxury bed & breakfast you will defantly come back for more.
We stayed for three nights in the Orchard suite looking over the garden and it was beautiful and so peaceful.
The owners Cameron & Magy make you feel so much at home, it is like visiting friends for the weekend, you are served tea & cake in the stunning garden when you arrive and it is a wow, then for dinner well it is like going to a proper restaurant of a high quality and standard food and service, they think of everything and cater for all needs to last detail.
Breakfast is fantastic the choice is just to much and cooked to perfection, we will defently return and highly recommend to family and friends, thank you both for one of the best stays we have ever had in all our travela around the world, take care hope to see you soon.
Colin & Graham

Reviewed 14 August 2009

Greystones lived up to and exceeded what we had expected. We arrived to a very warm welcome from Cameron, who was the perfect host, and enjoyed a glass of wine in the well kept garden which is interesting to walk round and has lots of seating areas dotted around. Our little dog was alson made welcome and enjoyed trotting round.
The evening meal was very good and all home cooked and likewise with breakfast although we wish we had more room!
The bedrooms are very big and ours had a separate sitting room making it more like an appartment than a bedroom. Lots of little touches were also included such as fresh fruit, a fridge and coffee maker.
We slept well and were completely relaxed after our short break and hope to be able to return soon. The prices were very reasonable and you get a lot for your money.

Thank Neil and Marco ... B
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Booked an overnight stay with dinner for my husbands birthday treat. On arrival we were made most welcome with a gin and tonic and a much needed rest before dinner on a comfy sofa in the lounge. Cameron and Magy Beard were excellent hosts and dinner was a most enjoyable experience. I told Cameron that his meal was far tastier than one I had previously eaten in a Michelin star restaurant and I think he deserves recognition for his efforts.
Our bedroom was spacious and very comfortable, the en suite large and luxurious. When I looked at the pictures on trip advisor I thought it looked "nice" so it was a bonus to find it was even better than I expected. We really enjoyed our stay and wish it had been longer.
Greystones would be a great place to take it easy, relax and unwind, enjoy good food and good wine and one night just isn't long enough...

Reviewed 24 July 2009

Have now actually stayed at Greystones on 5 occasions both for work and leisure. The title really says it all - THIS IS simply the best bed, breakfast & (optional) evening meal you are ever likely to find. Do not be fooled into thinking you are staying at a 'B&B'. Greystones will outclass 99% of hotels that you might consider. It will provide a complete 'home away from home' experience - totally relaxing but with everything thought of & nothing too much trouble. The food is magical & the welcome second to none! (And 'no' I am not related to the owners, on commission or magic mushrooms!). Just go & try it for yourself and then go home and post your own glowing review of Cameron, Magy & the 'Greystones Experience'

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Our 3 days at Greystones were luxurious. Cameron and Magy are delightful and gracious hosts. Cameron is also a superb chef and after one day we decided to have the rest of our dinners at the house and they were gourmet.

Tea and scones were served to us after a long rainy walk. Cameron also drove us to Shropshire to our car rental place att he end of our stay - most gnerous with his time.

Highly recommmended. We will return,