“Pre Wedding Stay”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shifnal
London, United Kingdom
“Pre Wedding Stay”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Fantastic staff, professional approach to all details. Very reasonably priced for a delightful weekend. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2011

My third stay at this hotel and I still couldn't find my way around! There are so many nooks, crannies and corridors, it gets really quite confusing - especially when you've had a session in the bar!
Apart from this, it's a lovely hotel with an excellent dining room, a good wine list and attentive restaurant staff. Hotel personnel are all very pleasant, helpful and keen to please. You're made to feel very welcome and comfortable.

I would certainly stay there any time I'm around the Telford vicinity.

We had a suite last time and it was pure luxury. One word of warning however. There's a beautifully large Jacuzzi bath, but it's raised and you have to be fairly athletic to gain access. There's no separate walk-in shower, so not really suitable for the elderly or infirm.

A top notch (if a little quirky) hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annexe are more accessible, but you have to go outside to get there.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lancerlot
West Midlands
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This is a good hotel and we were very pleased with our room and the other services offered, including use of the leisure suite. Just be wary of booking in at the weekend during the Christmas season if you are not attending a function here as the noise from the parties does seem to reverberate right through the entire main house, even up to the top floor. As the parties go on past midnight, you might be advised either to join in the celebrations yourself or ask for a room at the back of the hotel in the annexe adjacent to the car-park.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
heritageproperties, Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Thank you very much for your comments.

Please be aware when you are making a reservation over the Christmas period we do have bedrooms situated just outside the Hotel in our Garden Cottages. They are what we call our quiet rooms so please request this for future reservations.

Again Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you in the near future.
UK
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Stayed one night at this charming hotel. Room was excellent and the staff courteous and welcoming. The food was good and the wine selection was well balanced.
If I have any gripe about this hotel it is with the layout. I was allocated a room in the old house which necessitated a walk outside to reach the bar and restaurant. OK on a dry day, but not so pleasant in the wett. I also found that the door to the old house was locked on my return from dinner, this caused an unscheduled, unguided tour of the hotel to enable me to get back to my room.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed my brief stay and would happily return in the future.

Room Tip: Though my room was excellent, I woul recommend that you ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank freddiewilliams37
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We went for a wedding and stayed over, from start to finishes the whole thing was fantasic. Venue spot on, food devine, customers service 5 star! The duty manager went beyond his role and made sure everything ran to click work, I would definatly recommend it as a wedding venue and a get away.
I will be going back.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Joking13
UK
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I stayed here for 9 weeks whilst on a course nearby and tried a few of the rooms. All were comfortable with good facilities and always cleaned etc every day, any issues were sorted out when asked. Staff are helpful and food is good.

• Stayed September 2011
England
Reviewed 30 October 2011

after haveing enquired about the murder mystery nite the wekkend before the oct 28th 2011 i was told they were fully booked. however on the following mon the hotel phone me to say they did have some spaces if i was still interested i was thrilled , as i was at work and could nt really sort payment out there and then the lady from the hotel said she would ring me at 6 pm when i said i would be home from work . i waited till 6 45pm with no call so i rung the hotel myself i spoke to lucy i asked her how much the twin room would be she said 75 pds as i thought i was getting the best price as it says you would on the web site i paid for the room and for 2 dinners with the nite at 25pds each however when i went on their website later that nite i noticed the twin room was advertised at 69pds when i received the receipt i noticed i was charged 28pds for the meal
we arrived and i queried this lucy told me that the room is 75pds and i should of told her that it was advertised as £69 when i queried the dinner price she was going to argue with me about that when another lady on reception said i was charged for a xmas party nite dinner and i could have a refund. lucy turned to colleague on her other side and gave a look with a sarcastic smile i said nothing to her but i was fuming at her unprofessional behaveiour
at breakfast the following morning we were told we can sit at any table for two so we sat and the waitress took our order foe 2 full breakfasts she says help ourselfs at the breajfast bar cerels fruit ect so we had some fruit i had nt finished my fruit when our cooked breakfasts arrived i said oh we re not ready yet but the waitress said oh sorry and contined to put our breakfasts down so i had to hold my bowl in my hands above my plate of breakfast as we ate my breakfast my sister got up to ask for some brown sauce which did nt arrive no attempt was made to clear our bowls either no one asked if everything was alright or did we want anything else i dont expect a 4 star hotel to get it so wrong in 24hours

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank margarete852
heritageproperties, Front Office Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
I would initially like to thank this guest for their comments. Unfortunately they dont appear to have left their details for me to personally respond directly to them, so I will do my best to reply to the comments made on here.
With regards to the initial enquiry, we were fully booked, however as we recieved a cancellation for a large table, as promised we contact all people that have previously enquired to see if they would still like to attend our event. With reference to a call back for payment I am unaware of who this customer spoke with to check why a call back wasnt recieved, however if you are able to supply me with this information I can certainly raise this question.
The £75.00 rate initially quoted would have been for a Superior room on the night of 28th October. The price of £69.00 was for a standard room. When guests enquire directly with us at the Hotel (over the telephone) they are ALWAYS quoted the best available rate for the room types available. IF you can find a better rate on line then we will ALWAYS match it when booking directly with us. Unfortunately if you have already made a reservation on-line, we are unable to lower the rate when you arrive at the Hotel, however in this instance, the rates quoted were for the best room type we had available on the evening.
The price of the Murder Mystery night was priced at £25.00 when booking early. (If a booking was made prior to 1st April we were honouring the reduced rate of £25.00 as opposed to the normal £28.00). It appears that there had been some confusion on this matter with the front office team member when making the reservation, I believe that this customer was refunded the £6.00 for the difference/confusion caused.
With regards to the comments from the breakfast service I would firsly apologise that this customer did not feel that the service they recieved was up to the usual 4 star standard that we pride ourselves on. No comments were brought to the attention of the manager on duty that day, so I am personally unaware of any Issues at breakfast, however if this customer would like me to look further into this matter, I would be happy to do so.

Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shifnal
Haughton Hall
Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Best Western Valley Hotel
Best Western Valley Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge

Been to Park House Hotel? Share your experiences!