“Excellent!”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shifnal
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night on the day of arriving back in the country having spent two weeks abroad.

When travelling from Manchester Airport to Shifnal my mum had phoned me to explain that she had been in touch with the hotel to arrange an early check-in knowing that we would be tired having had a ten hour flight. The hotel were really friendly on the phone and allowed us to check-in four hours early.

When we arrived at the hotel there was plenty of parking. The check-in was easy and the staff were really welcoming - asking us if we had enjoyed our holiday etc. They explained every thing we needed to know.

Once we found our room we were taken back by how beautiful it was. We had book a superior room but had been allocated a suite (no.2). The suite consisted of three rooms. On checking out we found out that the hotel had upgraded our room as they had found out that we had just got engaged (my mum had told them when she ordered us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries - which were gorgeous!).

My mum and nan joined us at the hotel. We had a look at their rooms and they were both clean and modern. We dined at the hotel in the evening and for breakfast. All of our meals were really nice and the service was good.

We would definatly stay at this hotel again. The hotel, staff and food were all great! - Thank you for a lovely stay x

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 June 2010

Booked just one night as a break in Shropshire. Shifnal is lovely and surrounding areas. The hotel is very nice but for a 4 star , I did expect a better service. On arrival we were given directions to our room, but the nature of a country house hotel is lots of little steps, small corridors and lots of corners. We did struggle to find our room. However, the laterooms price I had paid made it excellent value. We booked a superior room, which it was. It was large, had an amazing four poster, a wet room. It was beautiful.
We ventured to the leisure centre and then disappointment set in. It would have been ample size for a small country hotel but the pool was too cold. The sauna and steam room looked liked they had not been used for a while and were off. We then tried the hot tub which was warm but took us 10 minutes to find the button !!! No sign or instructions.
For evening meal we opted out to an award winning Curry House just outside Shifnal, Cafe Monsoon. ( This I do recommend ! )
Seeing the dreary resteraunt at breakfast i was glad we ate out. As soon as you arrive for breakfast, you are asked for your order , WITHOUT seeing a menu !
Breakfast was okay, and just okay really. Egg dry and coffee cool. The worse part about breakfast was the young waitress who was tidying up around us in a hurry. We had not arrived late. She put all the jams away and we were never were offered any ! She was continually behind my hubby in and out of a cupboard whilst he was eating. This unfortunately did dampen our experience here. It is a beautiful place and I was happy with the price i paid ; but the service here is not a 4 star standard though the rooms are.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2010

I arranged a surprise 40th pary for my husband and it was a fantastic event thanks to the help form all the staff during the planning and on the night itself. From the Duty Manager ( Daniel) on the night , the staff at the bar, those dealing with the catering to the staff left to clear up after the party..all were so professional and helpful.

I would recomend this place 100%
Kal Parkash - Shropshire

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed 16 April 2010

I stay at the Park House Hotel in Shifnal most weeks on business the staff are great. Their customer service is on a par with First Direct another excellent customer focus company. I've stayed in most rooms and all of them are top notch. I often drink in the bar and dine in the restaurant. Sometimes alone as travelling on business or with company. The service is always great and the food delicious. I highly recommend the lamb. The bar and restaurant are very comfortable surroundings. I often eat here in the evenings with my boyfriend and the tables are set up to be very romantic by candle light. The pool is great as well. Hotel is set in quiet location on the edge of Shifnal town. 10 minutes from Telford so convenient to shopping centre. Or 5 min walk into Shifnal which has nice restaurants and bars

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Having visited the hotel yesterday with my partner I feel compelled to write this review (something I have never done before). We went just for the day to relax, unwind and make the most of the leisure facilites. From the moment we booked the staff could not have been more helpfull and attentive. ...Nothing was too much trouble.
The chef was flexible to our requests and the food was absolutely superb!! There was a great choice of different style meals (bistro, snacks and al a carte) to suit all tastes. The meals were freshly prepared and cooked to perfection.....the desserts were to die for!
The receptionists and general manager were friendly accomodating and went beyond the realms of duty to ensure our stay was perfect and memorable....which it is was!!
As an older hotel with character and atmosphere the leisure facilites were not by comparison to the more modern venues, absolutely state of the art but they were absolutely perfect for our needs.The pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room were great and just what we needed to chill out. The fitness room had all the basic eqipment needed...not that we felt enthusiastic enough to try it though!
Whilst there I had the opportunity to sample some of the rooms......the superior double was spacious and very tastefully dcorated. However if you want a room for a special occasion then this hotel has a room to be remembered... Suite 2, newly furnished with lounge, bedroom with four poster wooden carved bed and bathroom with double jacuzzi bath with spotlights and dimmed lighting!...You really need to see it to appreciate it !!
All in all I cannot recommend this hotel enough....

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2010

We had three nights in a standard room in order to explore parts of Shropshire. Superior rooms were not available for our stay and I was unsure whether at £70 per night this hotel would be adequate. In fact it far exceeded expectations - the room was a little small for two plus dog but very nicely decorated, comfortable and very clean. The linen was good quality, kettle, shortbread and quality bathroom soaps etc. It was very quiet. The highlight was the food - there is a restaurant and a bar menu - both are varied and quite imaginative without being pretentious and the cooking is very well executed - everything we had was quite good to excellent for three nights of dining. Pork belly and lemon posset deserve a special mention as do the cooked breakfasts. They obviously buy in quality produce and cook it well. The manager and the dining room manager are doing a great job overall. The local staff are young and a bit inexperienced but not to the not of detracting from the overall good impression.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2010

We had a double 60th birthday celebration at the Park House recently. From start to finish we couldn't have asked for more from the staff and the facilities. When I first contacted the Park House Hotel to discuss the possibility they were so welcoming, they couldn't have been more accomodating with everything from dressing the room, superb menu options, catering for arrivals at different times of the weekend and helpful in suggestions of how to improve the event.
The actual weekend was even better than expected. The rooms were great, dinner was brilliant and our breakfast the next day was the icing on the cake. Staff were always smiling despite the late hour on the Saturday and were waiting at the room on the Sunday morning with even bigger smiles to serve us breakfast.
It really was an absolute pleasure to stay at the hotel and we look forward to having other events there.

• Stayed: February 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shifnal
Haughton Hall
Hadley Park House Hotel
Hadley Park House Hotel
#7 of 21 in Telford
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge

Been to Park House Hotel? Share your experiences!