“Simply wonderful and free to boot”

Royal Air Force Museum
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Shifnal
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Royal Air Force Museum Cosford is located in Shropshire and offers a fun, entertaining day out for all the family. Housed in wartime hangars and in the National Cold War Exhibition, there is a huge display of aircraft and exhibits to explore.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Ok, well maybe not totally free as you do have to pay for parking, but I can't even get some milk in Manchester without paying for parking...

We had a great day out and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this museum. The highlights for me ?

The JU52 was awesome.. I had flashbacks to Where Eagles Dare... ok so maybe not the exact plane, but you get the picture.

The EE Lightening and the Vulcan... iconic, fabulous, and British.

The cafe was a little limited for choice but at £3.50 ish for a pannini you can't complain at that.
It was also (as the whole site was) immaculately clean and tidy.

Very much worth the drive and I wouldn't hesitate to return.

Well done the brylcream boys n girls.

1  Thank Polar6565
Write a ReviewReviews (1,862)

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We were in the area for half term staying with family. We had a great day looking around the museum. My kids were amazed by how big some of these planes actually were. It's a real shame we won't be around for the air show soon as we would love to have watched that.

1  Thank Wispagurl
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We called here on our way home from Telford. I am not really bothered about planes (unless I am going on holiday) but found it very interesting. Could not believe it was free admission, Lots of planes to see and read up about. Lots of history.There was a great section for kids. We only stayed about 2 hours so did not see everything but would recommend it.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

wonderful place lots to see and learn about so many displays to see everything from old to new and lots of information to expand your knowledge

Reviewed 1 June 2014

It so happened that on the day we visited there was a veterans parade which was truly lovely and humbling to watch. The museum is outstanding and a cracking family day out. Great place.