“Pub grub without any atmosphere”
Review of Henri's Brasserie - CLOSED

Henri's Brasserie
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The food leaves a lot to be desired, it is vastly overpriced, as for the manager, he is self important, rude, lazy and did not give two hoots about the fact that we had been overcharged on the price we had been told by the waitress for the wine. Even though he admitted the staff had told us the wrong price on the wine by £7 per bottle he refused to ammend the bill. When I asked to see the owner he sniggered and said you will have to come back when he is here, followed by he didn't know when that would be. he then just walked away back to his seat at the bar and carried on drinking with his mates.

1  Thank David P

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We decided to go to here for a lunch - it was very quiet which concerned me a little but I needn't have worried. The waitress was friendly and efficient, ensuring we had everything we needed whilst not being intrusive.

We went for the £9.95 two course lunch which was excellent value. The carrot and coriander soup with olive bread was really good. The hake goujons were so crisp and it was a good portion. We paid extra for a dessert, I had the honeycombe creme brûlée which I can honestly say was the best one I had tasted - and I've tasted a few! We will definitely return here and recommend to family and friends.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

An absolute 'yes'. We have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world and as this was a quickly booked couple of nights stay on business, our expectations were basic.
What we received was anything but basic. The service we received was without doubt amongst the best ever - nothing appeared to be too much trouble and we were 'horrid guests'. We had to work till early hours of the morning and someone stayed awake to let us in and out, arrived after restaurant had finished taking orders but again a meal and well earned glass of was produced. Maybe not the biggest room but stylish and well equiped. Restaurant served good food with plemty of atmosphere.

Well done to all the staff - you deserve a well earned pat on the back - thank you.

Rowy Buitekant

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We've been to Henri's in the past and enjoyed the food but last night it was disappointing. It was served luke warm and my husband and I both agreed it was pretty tasteless. The staff were friendly and the service good and therefore a real shame that the food didn't meet our expectations.

2  Thank Diane A
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Nice food - between the four of us we consumed mussels, roast chicken and a copious charcuterie platter, accompanied by a very good house rosé, all followed by lucious desserts. The coffee was good too. I'm surprised Henri's doesn't rank higher amongst restaurants in Shifnal.