“A bit of a surprise.”

Days Inn Telford Ironbridge M54
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Shifnal
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed here for one night while attending a course in Telford.
I booked the room with continental breakfast over the telephone the previous week however when I came to check in, the room rate on my reservation was at a higher price and also it did not show that I had requested breakfast and I had to show the receptionist a copy of the confirmation email I got to confirm the arrangements. I was lucky I had printed this off as I may not have been able to prove the rate at the time of booking.
Despite this however everything else was better than expected. Whilst you would never expect any luxury with the Days Inn, the room (despite being sparsly decorated) was very clean and bright, and as an added bonus there was a bath and free wi - fi. The bed was also very comfy and despite the hotel being next to the motorway there was no noise at night.
If you don't want to drive anywhere for dinner, the service area right next door has a good restauraunt whose prices are surprisingly reasonable, and a Starbucks.
Breakfast arrived in the morning at the time I requested.
Overall I would recommend this hotel if you need somewhere cheap to crash overnight in the Telford area. I will definitely consider staying again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Duststorm
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Telford Ironbridge M54

Reviewed 29 November 2012 via mobile

was really looking forward to getting away with no kids, on check in hotel seemed fine but then we open door and freated with the smell of smoke i booked directly with hotel and asked for a non smoking room after travelling for many hours and being stuck in traffic i thought id go to bed oh how i wish i hadnent the bed was awful rolled to the middle i went to reception the following morning and to be fair she did say sorry and change my room open the door no smell of smoke so better but bathroom was distusting shower curtin should be white this was yellow with marks over mould on the ciling in the shower bed was slightly better but not much better, i wouldnt recommed this hotel these standards were appoling and not the usual days inn standards melanie really needs to look at all the rooms as they are just awful

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank redcazzy
DaysInnPeterborough, Manager at Days Inn Telford Ironbridge M54, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

First of all I would like to apologise your stay did not meet your expectations. We always aim to exceed our guest expectations and create a unique hotel experience. I have spoken to Housekeeping and our reception team regarding the room you were allocated. Housekeeping will be deep cleaning this room and addressing all of the points you have brought to my attention. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you how our service should be delivered. Again I apologise you did not enjoy your stay and hope we will get an opportunity to accommodate you again.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

One night stay near to RAF Cosford was required and after a search of the standard late room booking web site found this hotel. At under £40 for two was not expecting a great deal but was very pleased with the result.
The double room had a fold down bed and sofa with the usual facilities including WiFi. The room was very clean and well presented. Tea, coffee and TV were all fine.
The bath was a good size and used for a nice relax after our journey.
We ordered a continental breakfast delivered to our room and for £5 each was okay but certainly better than eating in the service area next door.
The best thing would be the staff, on arrival when we returned from a night out and the morning receptionist were helpful and understanding.
The worse this would be the very large bed was comfy with one in it but with two seemed to sink into the middle. Could be more about my size than the bed but still noticeable.
All in all a good deal at a good price!

Room Tip: Ground floor away from the service area - much quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Trevor B
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had pre-booked one night at Days Inn some weeks before my planned journey. A week before I was due to travel I checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor and was a bit concerned when I read some negative comments about the hotel. I almost cancelled my booking but decided against on the basis that the location was very convenient; it was exactly halfway on my journey to North Wales and just off the motorway - I didn't want any complications! I'm glad I didn't cancel because my experience was perfectly OK. My room (on the ground floor) was clean; there was no undue noise and the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. I am doing the same journey next March and will probably book in there again.

Room Tip: The complaints I read appeared to be about the first floor and maybe some rooms at the back - my roo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Stayed for a night. Clean, relatively quiet located just off the motorway within a small modern service area. Overall the rooms are on the basic side but are pleasant and quiet with very little noise from the service station area or the motorway. The beds and linins are starting to look well used but overall if you just require somewhere to sleep, with no frills then it will be just fine, ok for a short stay. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. The service station has the usual Starbucks, W H Smiths etc. make sure you book through a search engine to get the best price (£40 ish) – not a good option at full price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This hotel was very unsatisfactory. My friend and I were given a smoking room, and neither of us smoke so the room smelt. There had been no option for a smoking or non-smoking room!
The 2nd bed was a bed settee that was lopsided with a bar running across it making it uncomfortable.
And the carpet was dirty.

Room Tip: ask what you are getting for your money
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Angela S
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Booked in advance through booking.com. Stayed 2 nights 12th/13th October. not in the best location,being at rear of the services @ J4 M54. allocated a room on 1st floor- no lift.being Disabled,use walking aid, queried ground floor room availability, told as I hadn't booked direct, had to take room as given. Room clean but very basic,with badly creaking floorboards! no armchair/s but an uncomfortable shabby looking Sofabed,the Carpet looked filthy, badly stained and worn,(as was stair carpet in places) The bed was quite comfortable,with crisp linen,changed daily, and nice towels in bathroom, the over bath fixed shower was not convenient to use.Very aware of other occupants movements, needs better insulation/sound proofing. we paid £100 for 2nights with booking.com (listed DI price was £89 per night. definitely not worth it!)the on site 'shops' very convenient. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for ground floor front rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shifnal
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
International Hotel Telford
Haughton Hall
Haughton Hall
#1 of 4 in Shifnal

Been to Days Inn Telford Ironbridge M54? Share your experiences!