“Fab stay”

Days Inn Telford Ironbridge M54
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Shifnal
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We arrived after a very kind day made very welcome for our one night wish it had been longer excellent clean and beautifully sound proof room. If we come back to Telford we will certainly use this hotel again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Reviewed 23 June 2014

In my ignorance, I thought all rooms in UK hotels were now non-smoking. Wrong. At this Days Inn there are approximately 8 rooms assigned as "smoking rooms" and I was unlucky enough to have been allocated one because I hadn't identified a preference on my on-line booking form.
It absolutely stank!
There were cigarette burns on the carpet and furniture. The carpet was also grubby and heavilly stained. Open the window and you were treated to the noise and smell of the food waste bins from the adjacent service station. Even the bed smelt grubby and was uncomfortable.
The receptionist was very apologetic but the motel was full and no other rooms were available to swap. I wish the Manageress was equally as attentive but she apparently had to rush away in the late afternoon although not before declaring to the receptionist that it was just "tough" and there was no way I was going to have even a partial refund if I found an alternative hotel.
So, I slept for one night in this vile place and was also treated to the banging and crashing of loading and unloading in the service bay at 5am in the morning and the fire alarm going off at 7.30am.
Frankly, I would have been more refreshed in the morning if I'd slept on the M54!
I read other reviews that this hotel could do with refurbishing. Correct - and I'd say it needs fumigating as well.
Not to be ever repeated or recommended.

Room Tip: Avoid these smoking rooms for both their lack of cleanliness and noisy location.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chrisandlynne
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This is a friendly accommodating hotel. We took our dog with us who was welcome. The services provide facilities to allow you to eat whilst staying here. Clean, ample facilities. The room however was too warm for us so it was hard to get to sleep. Slept well once we did manage though.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Petra_Mason
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Considering that this is a motorway service station I couldn't hear the road at all. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The staff are friendly and the hotel makes for a useful base to explore the local area, including Ironbridge. Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I booked a room at this hotel back in January. When we showed up in May they had no record of our reservation. Luckily (or maybe not so lucky) they still had room for us. When we got to our room the room itself seemed decent (based on what we paid for it anyway) However the bed and hide-a-bed were both in terrible condition and the linens didn't seem extremely clean, but they had to do. The bathroom was even worse as it was quite dirty. It left me wishing I had brought shower shoes. Overall I would not recommend this location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I've stayed here over the last few weeks as I'm working in Telford so this makes a useful base. Corporate rates can be negotiated and there are various deals to be had via the web, so don't go paying top prices without researching first.
Parking is free - but register your number-plate at the reception desk else there could be a nasty surprise in the post as ANPS exists around the hotel.
The hotel is on a service area so there's other facilities such as a Waitrose and Starbucks, but if you want a better selection for meals then Shifnal town is just over a mile away where there's pubs, takeaways and restaurants at reasonable prices.
Rooms at the Days Inn are large, with sofa-bed to slouch on, flat-screen TV with free-view and decent free wi-fi after registering once online.
Bathrooms have baths and shower, WC and basin with free gels and handwash.
Continental breakfast can be ordered and delivered to your room for £4.95. Most times it was delivered, sometimes forgotten altogether, sometimes without fruit, sometimes without orange juice, sometime without cutlery, but they're just niggles.
I've stayed in several of their rooms, upstairs, downstairs, front and back and all rooms are pretty similar. If you want a phone signal then aviod the downstairs rear-facing rooms.
Rooms could do with a good vacuuming - one I stayed in a few weeks apart still had glitter on the floor the second time I stayed in it.
Most of the lights work in most rooms - though filling in a report card seemed to ensure that the lights stayed broken.
Beds were comfy and there's ample towels.
Staff were friendly and helpful, if a little disorganised.
I'd still stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room if you want to be able to use your mobile phone.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank NewcastleMunchbunch
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I've not stayed in a Days Inn before and I have to admit I wasn't expecting much from a hotel on a motorway services. But my two night stay exceeded my expectations. Easy to get to, free parking, friendly staff, clean room and quiet night. Good price too....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shifnal
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
#2 of 4 in Shifnal
Haughton Hall
Haughton Hall
#1 of 4 in Shifnal

Been to Days Inn Telford Ironbridge M54? Share your experiences!