“not as bad as it is painted”
Review of Silks shifnal - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Silks shifnal
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I take note of the previous persons review and can concur with what is written. The salad is basic, the wine choice is limited, the olives are probably out of a tin, and the staff are friendly.
However myself and my friends like it just for that reason. It is a unpretentious dose of dining, cooked by a chap who loves cooking and will not charge the earth for it.

The salad is free and constantly replenished, so therefore is fresh. The wine has always been enjoyable, albeit not Spanish (I've had some bad bottles in Spain, for twice the price ) the olives are basic, but then so have the olives I have eaten elsewhere. This place is about reasonable tapas food for a reasonable price and is the same as some of the Bars and restaurants I have eaten at in Spain. Some of the tapas I have liked a lot, some I haven't, and it hasn't been the cooking that has been at fault. It is my bad choice. All I could say about it is for the Owner to tart it up a little more, and for people to give it a go. You could be pleasantly surprised. .

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Silks is a lovely coffee shop by day but a friend noticed recently that they were offering a "Spanish night" every Friday. We received a warm welcome from the staff on arrival. We should have known that we had made a mistake when we asked for the wine menu and were told : red, white or rose. "Spanish?" I asked - sadly not. We ordered from the Spanish menu and were invited to help ourselves to salad. Salad consisted of iceberg lettuce, tomato and cucumber - no dressing, oil or herbs. Olives were also provided but clearly were straight out of a tin (in brine). It would probably be cruel to continue any further with this review, so suffice to say that nothing we had resembled the flavours of Spanish food and we left after the first course.

2  Thank GeorgieGirl0