After reading some earlier reviews I was a little apprehensive about my trip to Haughton Hall, however there was no need to be! My husband has stayed here several times for business and leisure but it was my first time. We just had the one night there, a quick 'romantic' childfree night away before the chaos of Christmas started. We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist and shown to our room immediately; we stayed in The Telford Suite (see photos) which was a VERY comfortable, modern room; the bed is one of the comfiest I have ever slept in, luxurious! And the roll top free standing bath is pretty special too!
I then wandered the very short distance to the leisure club to have a massage/reflexology. The therapist (Mo) is not directly employed by the hotel but she was absolutely fantastic! Not to be missed!
Back to the room, quick change for dinner and then down to the bar. Bar area is traditional in style, we had predinner drinks then went through to our table for a wonderful feast, food really was delicious! And the wine went down easily too...
Breakfast again was faultless, great service, top up's of tea/coffee no trouble, all good.
The hotel fulfilled our needs perfectly, a night away from it all, very comfortable, very relaxing, great food, good wine and a great nights sleep!
Would recommend the Telford Suite, I didn't see any other rooms whilst there but this one had just been updated to a high standard (see photos).
Would go back there without hesitation, in fact met a couple (in their early 40's) at dinner who had been going there for several years for weekend breaks as they enjoy it so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the quiet beauty of rural Shropshire, dating from 1718, Haughton Hall has been decorated with timeless style and situated in 35 acres of gardens, woodlands and boasts a lake. An ideal wedding venue location, our relaxing accommodation, spacious public rooms, intimate bar and elegant restaurant create an atmosphere of refined comfort second to none. Haughton Hall enjoys a well stocked coarse fishing pool, and an outdoor tennis court. These are just a few more of the facilities available to you. A weekend break at Haughton Hall offers you the perfect retreat break and the ideal location to immerse yourself in the tranquil and peaceful surroundings of beautiful Shropshire. When staying as our guest at Haughton Hall, you can also enjoy full use of our Leisure Facilities free of charge. Our leisure club has a delightful Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam Room and Multi Gym. Open first thing in the morning it is perfect for a refreshing swim before you start your day or a great stress buster after a busy day. We look forward to welcoming you Nicola Mason - Hotel Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Haughton Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haughton Hall Shifnal
- Haughton Hall Hotel Shifnal
- Haughton Hall Shropshire, UK - Shifnal