This small privately owned hotel, which had been recommended to us by a friend, is set in its own grounds with far reaching views across the Shropshire countryside. The reception room, with a small bar, is very homely and the Orangery which serves as the dining area a modern addition. There is also a small room of the Orangery which could serve as private dining. The outside terrace must come into its own during the warmer summer months.
There are 10 rooms in the main building and 4 in the Coach House - where we stayed. This is literally a hop, skip and a jump from the main house and umbrellas are provided to shield against the elements. Two of our party had the ground floor room which was very large and spacious with a separate living room. Our room directly above (no living room) was also very large with a huge jacuzzi bath - could almost swim in it!
We had tea and fruit cake on arrival in the lounge and also took pre dinner drinks here. The wine list, although compact, is very reasonably priced. The food was excellent - several game dishes which given the location in rural Shropshire is probably not surprising. Presentation and service was superb. We had a very long chat with the owner, both at dinner and over breakfast, and she is a total delight.
I can see why the hotel is so popular with weddings but would also make a good vanue for family celebrations and reunions.
Will certainly come back in the summer for a Sunday lunch and hopefully, at some stage, a further stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Vicarage is a located some 3 miles from Bridgnorth in the hamlet of Worfield, we have a lovelly Orangery restaurant overlooking some wonderful Shropshire countryside. The are many interesting things to do in the area, such as Ironbridge George, Severn Valley Railway, Numerous National Trust properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Old Vicarage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Vicarage Hotel And Restaurant
- The Old Vicarage Worfield, Shropshire