My friend and I booked this restaurant as a belated birthday meal. Unfortunately the meal was a little bit of a let down. This restaurant and hotel is really more suited as a wedding venue only rather than a stand alone restaurant. We were the only couple in the restaurant for the most part of the meal and although we are more than capable of entertaining ourselves, the complete lack of any other human being apart from the waitress did mean it completely lacked any atmosphere at all. That and the lighting level being more suited to a care home canteen than a restaurant. A little less harsh light would make a difference. The food was well cooked and nicely presented. We were a little underwhelmed by the scallops as I've rarely come across such small scallops! Three very, very small morsels indeed. The fact that it is a starter is understood and appreciated however this was taking it a little far I'm afraid. We both chuckled through the 90 seconds it took to clear the plate of this particular offering. The main of duck was lovely however and perfectly prepared and presented.
Overall, I wouldn't return in a hurry as there are many more superior establishments in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Vicarage is a located some 3 miles from Bridgnorth in the hamlet of Worfield, we have a lovelly Orangery restaurant overlooking some wonderful Shropshire countryside. The are many interesting things to do in the area, such as Ironbridge George, Severn Valley Railway, Numerous National Trust properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Old Vicarage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Vicarage Hotel And Restaurant
- The Old Vicarage Worfield, Shropshire