“Lovely place.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Talyllyn
Southam, United Kingdom
“Lovely place.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed just for 2 nights, but I loved it. The views from our bedroom and the dining room were amazing. The room was warm, tastefully decorated and comfortable. My dog loved the two little bone shaped biscuits waiting for her in the room! The food was great too, we had 2 breakfasts and one evening meal. All in all, couldn't have been better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Cannot recommend Alex and Lorraine and Dolfanog Fawr enough. Tucked away, quiet, beautiful view over lake, at the foot of Cadair Idris (10min walk from Minffordd car park). Great sized rooms, very clean, great toiletries! Food was outstanding, huge piece of haddock for breakfast (order day before) and a delicious sauce with my chicken (evening meal). The three course communal evening meal is a lovely feature of this B&B and I would encourage potential visitors to participate, it's a great thing to do. Huge thanks to Alex and Lorraine for friendly, excellent service throughout and for the skiing tips! Oh and the hot tub....fabulous!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Oldham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

we stayed here for 2 nights in September last year, I booked it based on previous Trip Advisor reviews and the fact that the website said there was limited mobile phone reception. Just what I was looking for to drag my hubby away from his phone for a few days.
I can only say that this B&B is stunning. It is set off the road and surrounded by hills and yes the only place you could get mobile signal was right at the bottom of the garden and it was better in the morning than the evening,
we stayed in the Wnion room, set away from the main house which suited us as I was unwell that weekend and spent a lot of time in the room.
The room itself is very spacious and the bed extremely comfortable.
The food was excellent and Alex and Lorraine were brilliant at managing my minor eating issues and provided alternatives to the menu for me to enjoy.
the only thing I would say to anyone who is interested in staying is that it is a shared table to eat at and if you are not keen on socialising it could be a little difficult. As I stated I was unwell the weekend we stayed and I found this a little uncomfortable. I am sure I could have eaten in my room but felt that would be a little unsocial of me so decided to join the other residents.
Over all it was a lovely weekend only marred by my illness, even the damp weather did not dull the beautiful welsh countryside.
Would I stay again, most definitely.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MENTALMUM
Witney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed two nights for our anniversary weekend in November. Although we have never been to this part of Wales before and the weather wasn't kind, we were certainly not disappointed! The scenery was stunning, we had two fabulous walks and we absolutely loved the B&B. The welcome extended to us and Roly, our dog, by Alex and Lorraine was warm but unobtrusive, and we really enjoyed the company of our fellow guests at breakfast and supper at the communal dining table. Lorraine's food was really delicious both nights and the wine/ beer selection was great. Only sadness was that the wind and rain kept us out of the hot tub but we will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We only stayed one night at this B&B but would have loved to stay more! It's set in a wonderfully scenic location by a lake in the Welsh valleys. The room was spacious and clean. The hosts were friendly and helpful. The food was absolutely delicious and thank you to Lorraine for catering for my host of allergies and vegetarianism! Would definitely recommend a stay here to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DipaP
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Just stayed two nights at Dolffanog Fawr , Alex & Lorraine were wonderful and attentive hosts. The food was superb, especially the evening meal, the pannacota was delicious. This B & B is set in the beautiful welsh countryside. Our room was delightful, comfortable and spotlessly clean . We had a lovely break.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank cherryd05
Windlesham, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Lost count of how many times we have stayed here, the food is excellent, second to none, home cooked by Lorraine, with a splash of helping from Alex, who can advise on the great wine selection they keep. The bedrooms are clean and tidy with very comfortable beds. The location is fantastic with great views of Tal-y-llyn lake, plenty to see and do in the vicinity. Will we be returning again - without a shadow of a doubt.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, work your way round them and decide on which is your favourite.