“Fabulous”
other travellers have booked this property
St.Mary's a part converted 15th Century 2* listed building now a beautiful holiday home
Overlooking the lake at Talyllyn this historic building offers you an unforgettable experience . Just a bit different ! NB:The 15th Century Church operates an Eco Loo System
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Just a bit different ! NB:The 15th Century Church operates an Eco Loo System
views across the lake from St.Mary's with Cader Idris rising in the background.
The old vestry with it's modern kitchen set within a space of huge ancient oak beams to impress
Neighbours visit you here ! This one often helps me cut the grass!
A comfortable area to sit in the old vestry also providingTV/ DVD player and PlayStation with games
Definitely a room with a view .
The old building still retains most of its fixtures and fittings to set the atmosphere.
One of the many dramatic lighting options...this photo was sent to me by one of our visitors
Kingsize beds for that extra comfort  -- with filtered and  balanced air flow  ....
The stained glass window depicting the story of The Good Samaritan
The view of the lake from the old Church with Cader Idris reflected in the still waters ...beautiful
A good nights sleep here for sure and another kingsize bed.From this level you can view the Church !
One of the two  Lych-Gates and the ancient 15th Century Church - one of the oldest in Wales
An impressive rear entrance to the Church with parking and privacy .
St.Mary's and it's  beautiful location..photo taken on the ancient route to the Church from Corris
One of the collection of Victorian oil lamps that compliment St.Mary's..a step back in time ..
Spend the nights under the huge impressive 15th Century rafters.....a great treat !
This is the view from the 'pod'that you could wake up to ...showing the ancient barrel ceiling
A fine picnic area ... Incredible views ...and a private place to look out over the whole lake..
A beautiful location ....photo taken from the Old Rectory On The Lake
There aren't many places like St.Mary's.This is the 15th Century roof structure..impressive for sure
View of St.Mary's across the lake with Mynydd Graig Goch behind which glows red in the sunset !
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013
19 Nov 2013
Thanks so much for giving this pleasing review and for being my first guests to stay two weeks ... I'm sure it was good medicine for you both .. a week isn't long enough at Talyllyn ...so I'm glad St.Mary's gave you a relaxing holiday ...and perhaps you'll come again one day ..
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013
5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property?
Travelling group: Extended Family
13 Nov 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review of St.Mary's and our location ....it's a wonderful area to come to... and I'm so pleased that you enjoyed yourselves ...
perhaps we'll see you again one day...
cravengar...
Ingleton
“Can't wait to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed in the church in July (Peter's first guests) and we were really looking forward to our return visit, even though we knew exactly what to expect. I've been waiting to write a review since then, but T.A does not allow follow up reviews within 3 months of a visit.

We were met by Peter again, with as much enthusiasm as ever ( Does he ever stop smiling?!) We were given a challenge of spotting new additions to the church, and there were quite a few nice touches to enhance the stay. The coat hooks just inside the vestry door were a welcomed addition, and well used as we didn't have such good weather as we did last time.
Despite the weather, we got out every day and relished the peace and quiet in the near vicinity. On one occasion I heard people outside, who were clearly hoping for a look in the church, say "It's private" Oh, I felt so smug that I could be inside with all that the church holds!
I was one step ahead this time and took my vocal score of the Brahms Requiem, put my coat on, and sat in the church, singing to myself as loud as I wanted!!!

Peter had just cut the grass path up to the the well placed seats over looking the church and lake. We didn't manage to do that last time as it was a bit over grown. Well worth the effort to watch nothing go by!!
I can see from reading the reviews that, we're now not alone in singling this place out as somewhere vey special and successful, and to that end have booked to go back yet again at the end of June.

Thank you again, Peter. We look forward to seeing you n 2014

Lynn and Brian

5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The peaceful nature of the building
Liked least: Nothing
26 Oct 2013
What can I say to you in thanks for another fine review for St.Mary's ...and to know you're coming back yet again is pleasing indeed .
You said that you heard some people's disappointment from outside that the old Church was closed but I also know that you showed some others around and delighted ,like I do ,in telling them of it's history...
St.Mary's has now got a new future and whilst respecting it's past we can look forward to keeping it sustainable for years to come..
Thanks both..
Helenmary...
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed staying in the church
Peter has made it very homely.the cooking facilities are excellent we cooked every day we bought local produce .we found some local pubs which were very friendly and provided good food.
The church is full of history and furnished to a high standard .we would love to go back I there in thesummer time to explore the surrounding area .

5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: The atmosphere and original features
Liked least: The rain
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 Oct 2013
Thanks so much for your pleasing review,and so glad that you had such a good time ...St.Mary's and I welcome you back again one day .
esyled
“Wonderful in so many ways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

What a fabulouse place to stay. Having moved to North Wales for work and having temporary digs this was ideal to allow me to show my parents in there 70's and their birthdays being on the 21st and 28th this part of the wonderfull country Wales and that is something coming from a Yorkshire Woman. My parents loved it and we had a great time. The owner Peter is so welcoming and a great start to the holiday. We had a nice meal in the Pen Y Bont on the night of arrival and many walks around the area as well as a day out on the Talyllyn Railway.
The place is well equiped and cosy and well lit. Great for stargazing on a clear night which we were lucky enough to experience and the accoustics for music in the church is awesome.
Lots of room and I already miss the place so will definately be returning.
If you are hesitating to take the plunge and book, don't you will have a great time.

5 of 5 bubbles How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 bubbles How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
5 of 5 bubbles Overall condition of the property 5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses
5 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 bubbles Bathroom cleanliness
5 of 5 bubbles Other facilities & amenities 5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: Oh so many difficult to say
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
8 Oct 2013
Thanks very much for your kind review of St.Mary's ...I'm pleased that your surprise treat for your mum and dad was such a success ... I was half expecting to find a slice of birthday cake for me in the vestry .. but alas it wasn't to be !
Hoping to see you again one day ..
Elisabeth...
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

I would like to go back again. I really liked playing the pump organ and climbing Mt Cader Idris. I liked the fact that the church was 600 years old. The bedrooms were great, they had SENSOR LIGHTS!
Sam (11)

I loved the PS2, the TV and the lights on the stairs. The bed was awesome, much better than my bed at home and the pump organ was cool, and I liked the view. I liked climbing Cader Idris and we nearly got to the top, but Dads knee was playing up. I really liked it and want to come again.
Harry (13)

5 of 5 bubbles Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 bubbles Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 bubbles Service
Liked best: building and views
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
23 Sep 2013
Thanks boys for your review of your holiday experience.... I was impressed by your ability to play the Church organ ...I thought you chaps would only be experts on the PlayStation ! Tell your dad that if he can't manage the summit of Cader Idris then he can't go out to the pub !!
Hope to see you again one day !!
Katequake
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Didn't want to leave.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

I spent a wonderful week at St.Mary's with my husband and two daughters (aged 9 and 11) and we all absolutely loved it. Pete (the owner) has done a fabulous job of converting the church. As soon as you walk in it's hard to stop saying "Wow!". The two bedrooms are large and very tastefully kitted out. My daughters loved their cool mezzanine room complete with TV and DVD and a large writing desk where they could hang out and get away from their parents. They appreciated the wi-fi too! I loved the fact that the church part of the property remains untouched and is still very much a church (without the parishoners!). We also loved the classical music lp collection and played something different every morning to wake the kids up! The location is breathtaking. On a calm day the lake reflects the mountains like a mirror. Even rainy days can look magnificent with the mist rolling down. There are plenty of places to visit in the area, Tywyn being the nearest seaside place and probably the handiest place to do a shop. Aberdyfi is a pretty little harbour town just further along the coast. There are plenty of places we didn't manage to fit into this trip so we'll have to go back! By the end of the week we were all wishing we could stay longer. Fantastic place!

Liked best: Peaceful atmosphere
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
19 Sep 2013
That's a fine review.. the feeling of not wanting to leave at the end of your holiday is well said ..the old building has a way of wanting you to stay longer... I think it is enjoying it's new vocation and one that will safeguard its future for years to come ... I hope I will see you all again ... I know St.Mary's will want you back...
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing