“Lovely hotel, lovely location”

T'yn y Cornel Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Talyllyn B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Excelllent service from friendly staff. We had a comfortable room with views of the lake. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and the breakfast was very good. Good value for money in a superb location. Would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We had a lovely five days and although the hotel is for sale you would not have known it. The staff were hard working, polite and attentive.

Room Tip: Our room fronted the road so there was some traffic noise in the mornings.
1  Thank jem027
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Having read some of the earlier reviews my wife and I arrived with some trepidation but from the outset I can say this was unfounded.

We stayed in Room 2 and our friend in Room 1. Both rooms and en suite bathrooms were spotlessly clean, warm and welcoming. Some of the fittings are a little dated and the floor slopes, but this is Mid-Wales in the heart of walking/fishing country not some central metropolis.

The food in the restaurant was very well cooked and service was totally acceptable. Breakfast was also well cooked, promptly served and large enough for the day.

The fact that the hotel is in administration was not obvious and to me seems irrelevant. The room for two was £130 per night, including bed, breakfast and evening meal and this was a little on the expensive side, however all-in-all I would not hesitate in recommending for a weekends walking or fishing.

Room Tip: Room 1 - Great lake views but shower only. Room 2 - Same views but bath and shower!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank clivedunster
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I have just come back from a long weekend staying at the Tynycornel Hotel. For the price we paid for two people £80 pn I wouldn't fault this hotel in too many ways, apart from the room being a little tired, this hotel is a very warming, friendly place to stay.The food was lovely especially the rack of lamb, I had on the second night and would definitely recommend people to try this when visiting.All the staff were friendly and very helpful and even though I found out during my stay that the hotel is under Administration I would stay again.

The location is great and the view from the room was fantastic and for my first time visiting Wales I wasn't disappointed. Wish we had stayed a bit longer and had the chance fishing on the lake as we found out from speaking to the gentleman who looks after the lake but hopefully we will next time we visit.

Ps, Take some bread for Henry 'Swan'.

2  Thank silva6
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed for two nights July 2011. The hotel location was amazing. Our room was clean and comfortable. We found the room rate charged to be reasonable. We enjoyed the food offered at Breakfast and Dinner. The staff were very hard working and worked incredibly long hours, but were always friendly and helpful. We also found out that the hotel is currently in Administration, whilst seeking a new owner. As a business it has definate potential and If I had won the Lottery this weekend,, then I would certainly have brought it.
Well worth a visit.

1  Thank MrsHandMrP
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I have never felt the need to write a review before but a weekend trip to this hotel has changed that! This is a hotel that is apparently in administration - it was impossible not to hear several conversations between staff and other guests during the course of our stay. They are understaffed by their own admission and I felt quite sorry for them trying to provide some sort of service under difficult circumstances. One lady was trying to book in customers serve drinks and man the phone. In frustration I noticed one customer leave his money at reception asking guests waiting to check in to tell her that he couldn't wait any longer. Our room was tired and cramped and not very clean. Thick dust on bedroom light fittings and door panels, the extractor fan in the bathroom was clogged with it! The toilet was also in need of a dire clean and descale! The shower over the bath was about to collapse and there was paper peeling off the ceiling! The first morning despite the dining room being empty bar one other party we waited 45 mins for our breakfast order, which when it came was wrong. I was not terribly enthusiastic to observe the chef nipping outside for a quick cigarette! We chose not to sample the dining room on either evening. Dust and dead flies on window sills I could go on! Suffice to say despite the lovely location we will not be staying again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
27  Thank Happysmileyperson
Reviewed 18 April 2011

This was our third visit to Tynycornel Hotel in the last few years, and the stunning landscapes around the Hotel still take our breath away!
The Hotel stands on the edge of the lake that it owns, and fishermen young and old are welcome to fish there for a modest fee and with the added guidance of the resident ‘gillie’. There are facilities for those disabled / wheelchair users who still like to cast a line now and again.
There has been a change in the Management in recent months, and his warm welcome and “nothing is too much trouble” attitude was reflected by all of the staff. The catering continues to be excellent, and numerous passers-by stop off for a morning coffee, a light lunch/sandwich or afternoon tea in the comfortable lounge. It is not unusual to hear that a wedding party is due to visit, and one cannot think of a more exciting location for a Bride and Groom to start their married life.
We have tried a couple of the rooms (most of which overlook the wonderful lake) and our favourite is the Swan Room. This is at the far end of the Hotel and one can relax in bed whilst viewing the lake and mountains through the French windows.
It is always a wrench when one has to leave, but we know that we will be back again soon to enjoy yet another totally relaxing but invigorating break from the hustle and bustle of the “Big City”.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the lake - wonderful.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheBrumas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talyllyn
0 mi away
#2 of 5 in Talyllyn
Pen-y-Bont Hotel
Pen-y-Bont Hotel
#5 of 5 in Talyllyn

Been to T'yn y Cornel Hotel? Share your experiences!