“Amazing Countryside Retreat”
Review of Babington House

Babington House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Babington
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Babington House last week and it was in every sense amazing. I stayed in the Cabin on the lake. One of the nicest room I've ever stayed in! Impeccable service, nice staff and unique location. During the stay I had occasion to experience most of the services offered by Babington and my expectations were fully fulfilled! Food is amazing and so it's the spa and the spa therapists. Indoor and Outdoor pool , sauna and steam room at top standards. There's also a tennis court and a well serviced gym available for guests. I will definitely go back again as soon as I have occasion. ++++

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Everything about Babington is absolutely perfect! Loved it! If you get the train phone them up and they will send you a car. From the minute you get picked up you are treated so well. The staff and facilities are great. We had a lovely evening at the cinema with the best cheeseburgers!!!
Cowshed visit is a must and the pool is lovely too.
Check out the special offers for some amazing week day offers.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Thanks guys for another superb stay - from the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were so comfortable and well looked after - Room 2 in the main house was perfect with and open fire and superb furnishings - lunch was good and well priced as was dinner - very exclusive and you feel as though you are a million miles away. No complaints and cant wait to be back again.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house....its the best and I have stayed in both / Bab burger is excellent / breakfa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Hubby & I just had our 3rd stay at Babington in the past 12 months... we have a 2 year old and his grandparents are v hands on and take him off our hands for 48 hour stints when we need some adult time....

Trust me... there's no better place to do it than at Babington....

Love the no suits policy/the understated chicness of it... wonderful rooms/linen/high tea/ambience/pools/grounds/staff/food generally/relaxed nature of it... whether you want to live in jeans/shorts or dress up a little anything really goes (other than the suits!) and it's just a wonderful escape.

We've stayed in small and big coach house rooms and this time the Stable block.... (although this was a waste as it caters for kids and we didn't have ours in the end)...

Can't wait for the next visit...........

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed in the big house in one of the larger rooms and it was lovely. Had a huge super king size bed which was very comfy and a very nice shower. Overall, nice relaxed atmosphere with great service. Had a trip to the Cowshed spa which was great. Highly recommend for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank criminy27
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Spent two nights courtesy of a generous gift from daughter. Stayed in a large, well-furnished coach house room, with mezzanine bedroom reached by cast iron spiral staircase - which rather worryingly presents a hazard as the back of the iron/metal steps can very easily come into contact with face/head - and no padding (mentioned to staff - surprised no-one been hurt!)

Fantastic location and facilities - lovely sitting out in garden with drinks watching sun go down and ducks parade across lawn. Food great - service very patchy...seems to be little organisation, particularly at breakfast, where parts of order were forgotten/missed on each occasion. Drinks had to be sent back three times one evening as order wrongly delivered.

Corridor to room extremely dark (windowless), and on second morning corridor lights had been dimmed to non-existent, so making exit along corridor, down single step, then down steep flight of stairs potentially perilous!

While we were fortunate to be enjoying a gift, for the price of the rooms, not sure we would return unless management upped their game a little.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was at Babington House for a friend's wedding. I loved everything about it. The wedding was stunning and the decoration and layout was perfect. The service from the catering staff was great and the reception staff were also lovely and very professional but also happy to share a laugh with me about the size of my hangover.

I stayed in room 7 in the main house which was up in the attic. There was a huge roll top free standing bath within a sitting room plus a separate bedroom. There was a log fire which made me wish it was cold so I could have lit it.

Everything you could need is there including more than enough toiletries from their Cowshed range plus things you don't usually get like toothbrushes and toothpaste. There is also a set of hair straighteners to go along with the hairdryer.

I only really saw the main house and the lawn and wish I had had the time to explore more. A really lovely place. I just wish it was a little cheaper so I could take myself there for a weekend away.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Babington
Bannatyne Hotel - Charlton House
#1 of 1 in Colerne
The Bath Priory
The Bath Priory
#12 of 34 in Bath

Been to Babington House? Share your experiences!