“Best Hen Weekend EVER!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Babington
Sydney, Australia
“Best Hen Weekend EVER!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My sister organised a weekend at Babiington House for my Hen's, my mother and mother-in-law stayed in the main hotel while my friends and I stayed in the cabin...WOW, utterly beautiful, I didn't want to leave.
Everything about the cabin was just amazing, the bed was the comfiest thing I've ever slept in, it had everything you could need including unlimited Mad Cow products.
The pool and spa areas are gorgeous! My friend and I had the mud treatment and I have never laughed so much!
The restaurant was delish, we where given the whole Log Room (which usually seats 36...there was 7 of us!!), and we could put on our own music and dance on the table, just brilliant!
I will be going back to Babington as soon as I can, just loved it and really didn't want it to end!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Having read some of the bad complaints I was truly shocked ! Yes it can be full of media and advertising types but that just makes it interesting and yes some of the badly free running children are called Sky and Rubella but they are now more controlled by the Hotel. We find it relaxing and interesting whether sunbathing with the yummy mummy's by the pool or chatting in the bar star watching all night. Helicopter landings add to the excitement !! Ducks in the swimming pool and restaurant ! Who cares. This is not a place for miseries who really should stay at a travel lodge ! The food is excellent and most of the staff are charming even when stressed by very high maintenance guests. Love it here. Visit as often as possible all year round. And yes I was a media type but in the 70's !!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Maggotting
Saint-Egreve, France
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Such am amazing place, we stayed for two nights in the cabin...wow. Every detail was amazing... Surroundings just beautiful, spa amazing. Staff catered to every need without a second thought and although this place is super pricey for non members, if you want something truly special, this is it. Set in a truly beautiful part of England. Take me back....

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reigate, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I love this place. I've been there twice now and would not hesitate to recommend he it to anyone (apart from my octogenarian aunt perhaps). Effortlessly hip without being pretentious. We had one of the first floor rooms which was wonderful with just about everything you could need. We are definitely coming back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philip I
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were looking for a fun relaxing stay for our wedding anniversary where our objective was to crash out and relax as my parents were looking after our 18 month old
The property and grounds are fantastically well maintained and you are welcomed with a friendly tour of the house and facilities, check in is normally 3pm but we arrived a bit early so went down to the pool to wait for the room to be ready. We were given a glass of champagne each when the room was ready which was a very nice touch.
The rooms are very well furnished and ours was nice and big with lovely wooden floors and a very large bathroom.
Our favorite part was the steam room, sauna and pool which gave us the perfect way to crash out and enjoy what was a very hot weekend!
The only areas i would say that were a bit of a downside was that we found the restaurant service to be rather slow and a bit disorganized while the other areas of the hotel were spot on from a service level point of view. The price is overall on the high side but we had an excellent time so it was all worth it.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 15, it was nice and big with a great walk in shower and separate bath
1 Thank mvr
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This has been my top rated hotel since i first stumbled across it 7 years ago. I've either visited on or near my birthday ever since as it has been the one trip of the year i've always looked forward to and saved for.
This year, I treated my other half (who has never wanted to visit on the principle of cost) but conceded on this occasion as it was also his birthday present!
So, I had booked an attic room, which was the smallest i've ever stayed in. Nice, but quite cramped if you're tall and certainly very warm. Great to visit Babington at such a sunny time of year but the rising heat did us no favours at night. The room had a fan but the necessary open windows meant we were awoken each of the 3 mornings by a dredger, clearing out the lakes. One of the most peaceful places in the world and from 9am til nearly 6pm every evening, the noise droned on and on. Not very restful when trying to lie by the pool in a rural retreat.
The second worst thing was nearly stepping into or seeing dog foeces on 5 separate occasions. This was the first time i've ever come across this problem at Babington and it really ruined my (and my partner's) impression of the place.
Having had problems with our reservation in the first instance and being charged 3 nights in full rather than the one night as advised by the receptionist was already a bad start. The little extra birthday touches previously received at Babington were then also missing (other than 2 cupcakes belatedly placed in our room).
These issues cumulatively put a dampener on our stay. My partner has not been converted and wonders why I have banged on about how wonderful the place has been over the years.
The staff were as usual pleasant, professional and apologised for the issues. We received a complimentary breakfast for the booking over charge, which was appreciated. The spa experience was lovely (excepting the building work noise in the background) and the food/drinks were great too. The setting is sublime and the sense of space is great. Lots of families were there though it didn't feel over-whelming as a couple.

Overall for the price, we expected pure luxury and tranquility. We would have booked alternative dates had we been made aware of the maintenance work planned through the duration of our stay. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: The garden cottage is the best place i've stayed at Babington, followed by the coach house, with...
6 Thank pipindorset
Montecito, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014

What a lovely spot! Beautiful house and grounds,sweet small church,excellent staff..especially Lauren,and mostly well appointed rooms. Our room was a walled garden room with charming views into the garden.The negatives were that you entered the room through the bath...that had a "vintage " toilet like a wooden bench with a lid..silly and did not really feel clean.Also the small bedroom was upstairs so night time access was a pain.Also we each had one drink in the bar and the bill was $35 ! Dinner dishes looked much better than they tasted..no depth of flavor..and also silly expensive. But to the positives,the swimming pools were excellent during adult hours.

1 Thank reelwoman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Babington
Ston Easton Park Hotel
Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
#1 of 1 in Hinton Charterhouse
Apsley House Hotel
The Royal Crescent Hotel & Spa

Been to Babington House? Share your experiences!