All reviewsthe pubair conditioningfox goosegreat place to staylovely mealtwo night staystayed here for one nightfantastic staybiscuitsdouble roomshort breakbristol airportalescorridor
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I booked for one of our engineers working in the area and his comments were - fantastic find, lovely accommodation, staff and fantastic home cooked food. Highly recommended and will definately book again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My wife and I treated our friends to a break for their 50th Wedding anniversary. My wife and I
however added an extra night for ourselves before our friends arrived. In all we stayed for 3 nights in the disabled room.
If you REALLY ARE disabled and book the disabled room, there are 2 main problems. 1/ The disabled bedroom is on the ground floor with the disabled parking bay right outside the entrance door.The bedrooms are numbered from 107 first room from the entrance door down the corridor down to 101 right at the end of the corridor 101 being the disabled room. Mine and my wife's mobility is really bad, I use a CPAP machine to help me breath, we both had to stop 3 times each way every time we needed to go in or out of our hotel room. 2/ The only other downside was in the bathroom which was a wet room the floor was TILED with shiny granite like tiles which when wet was very very slippy for a disabled room it was a no no. All this aside we really enjoyed our break the bedroom was really large, clean, and comfortable with a massive bed. There was a table and 2 chairs in the room where you could sit and have a drink. I don't think the 2 above faults would stop us going again.
One other thing that was of no fault of the hotel was on the Tuesday & Wednesday nights we were woken up early morning ie: Wednesday morning 1.10am by water repair men fixing a burst main outside the hotel. The Thursday morning 2.15am the same thing. The lady from The Fox & Goose went down to have a word with the workmen and was subjected to a load of
swearing and abuse from the workmen. Had this been a Premier Inn we would have asked for our money back, but as a private hotel under the circumstances we thought we might have been offered a discount for the 2 bad nights lack of sleep but it didn't happen.
On the food side of things the pub provides excellent meals whatever your choice of food is and is reasonably priced. The staff in both the hotel and the pub are very friendly and helpful at all times. The Labrador dog that belongs to the hotel owner is not a problem as one reviewer says. It is friendly QUIET and is not allowed where the food is. We chose to have the continental breakfast each morning. I was a little disappointed there were no croissants but very nice Danish Pastries. I think we will be back at some time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stayed for one night on way around UK. The rooms were much better than expected, lots of space and a huge bed. Very clean and tidy. The food in the pub area was very tasty, especially the ribs. The staff were lovely and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was delicious too. All in all a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms close to reception were refurbished.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

stayed here for one night me the wife and our little westie gizmo had a great time bar staff as friendly as always food great beds lovely and comfy . its nice to find a hotel that takes dogs . would def stay again stayed march31st for one nite

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevin g
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Date 22nd March 2013. ROOM 106 PRICE £70
1.This Hotel uses zip together single beds to make a double bed,resulting in a hard ridge down the center of the bed VERY UNCOMFORTABLE.
2. The toilet seat was not fastened to the toilet properly.DANGEROUS.
3. Used sanitary towel left in bathroom bin. DISGUSTING
4.Large dog pestered us at dining table,later found out it belonged to the hotel.DISGUSTING.
5.Greeted by barking dog from room 107 after returning from my daughters house,then awoken by the same noisy dog at 5.45am.NOT ACCEPTABLE

Room Tip: Do Not stay here.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple