We were here for a family dinner and overnight stay. Let's begin with my starter of three rubbery microwave scallops. The other starters look equally dreary and unapetising. However these were delicious in comparison to the mains which comprised of cold undercooked steaks without any veg or sauce (apparently sauce is extra and only if you ask for it!) an inedible rack of lamb and a dry and flavourless duck dish. The rissotto rice with the swordfish was a particularly repugnent moist sludge. The wine was drinkable but overpriced.
The room we were given had a funny smell outside of it and the beds were as lumpy as the main courses. If you're expecting a comfortable sleep this isn't for you!
So to sum up awful food, uncomfortable beds and more expensive (and worse) than many B&B's.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Battleborough Grange is conveniently placed close to Junction 22 of the M5 near to the towns of Burnham-on-Sea & Weston-Super-Mare. It is set well back from the road and nestles under the historic hill known as Brent Knoll. The hotel offers 21 en-suite bedrooms with some splendid touches, including a rare split level honeymoon suite, new extension with 3 Executive bedrooms & 3 Four-Poster bedrooms, lovely landscaped gardens which have a Gazebo that is licensed for wedding ceremonies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Battleborough Grange Country Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battleborough Grange Country Hotel And Restaurant
- Battleborough Grange Country Hotel & Restaurant Brent Knoll, Somerset