“Great value accommodation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 31 Bridgwater B&B and Inns
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Great value accommodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This is the second time we have been to this B&B and we would happily go back again. The rooms are very spacious, beautifully clean and in a country setting. It is an ideal place to explore the lovely towns of Cheddar, Glastonbury and Wells amongst many others. The breakfast is great too. A much nicer place to stay than many 'boutique' hotels and much better value too!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Oldbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here for one night over the Easter holiday period. B&B was very easy to find and had ample parking. We were warmly greeted by Thelma upon arrival and shown to our room.
Our room, the twin room was immaculately clean and nicely presented, windows faced the meadow the B&B owns (which you are welcome to walk around).

The twin room has a lovely large bathroom with bath tub and over bath shower. The bedroom is large with plenty of space and lovely high ceilings. There is also a small room with two comfy chairs to watch tv in if so desired (private to the twin room). The decor has a nice old country home feel.

Breakfast is served in the dining room which is adjacent to the twin room. We had ours at 8.15am; served by Roland who was very friendly.

The location of the B&B is excellent for exploring the local nature reserves and RSPB Ham Wall. So an ideal place for bird watchers and nature enthusiasts. Also, perfect to explore Glastonbury town if you want to be out of the main town and in the picturesque countryside. (the ample parking is an excellent highlight of this B&B having stayed in Glastonbury town many times and struggled with tight parking spaces of other B&B's!)

I would highly recommend this B&B and would look to stay here again!

Room Tip: Twin room is adjacent to dining room, breakfast is served quite early upon guests request (which was...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Addlestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

When we arrived at Polden Vale we were welcomed by Roland the owner and he showed us to our rooms and asked if we would like some fresh milk in a flask. Its lovely when you dont have use milk portions like you do in most places. This Bed and Breakfast was just lovely as every thing is on one level as my parents are quite elderly now. The place is very clean and tidy as all the staff work very hard. You have a folder in your room with a note pad and pen this comes in very useful. I had the single room that was very nice and had just been redecorated. The breakfast in the morning was lovely and served very pattiently by Roland.This place is great also if you want a little stroll before dinner, have a walk around there own field. Then you can get in your car and drive to a resturant and feel you have excersised enough.

I recommend this place if you feel like a quite break, but with also lots of lovely places in the area. Also if you are just passing through.

Thank you Roland and Thelma for the lovely 50th Birthday card and also for the lovely stay at Polden Vale.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Charlwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed in the double room and at short notice had to bring our young grandson with us too. Nothing was too much trouble though, Roland just set up a camp bed on the mezzanine for him.
Breakfast was good, with great service and our grandson was very excited to have his own special big chair. The room was spacious and clean with the added bonus of towel robes and slippers! Very close to Clarks Shopping Village too! Will definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bideford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

An over night stay here was more than enough for me. I can't put my finger on it, but I just felt rather uncomfortable during my stay. The room was clean and tidy, but it was also rather dark and dingy. I had to evict several spiders before I could go to bed. ..
I did not sleep well, as I could hear the 2 water features in the garden going all night, and I kept wanting to go to the loo!
I felt breakfast at 8.30 on a Sunday morning was far too early, which left me kicking my heels around Glastonbury for a couple of hours until my next appointment at 11 am.
I wish I could say I really enjoyed it, but I'm afraid I didn't.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed in the double room with our dog. The room was clean and comfortable and the mezzanine level with the tv and sofa was a real bonus. The owner couldn't do enough - nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was amazing. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Mevagissey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

As all the other reviews say this is a very clean, spacious and peaceful B&B. We had the twin room with our two cats and loved the 'homely' type feel about the place. It was lovely to wake in the morning from a very comfy bed to open the curtains and watch Mum & Dad rabbit with their little ones! Breakfast is plentiful and well cooked by the affable Roland and it's all there .... cereals, fruit, porridge, toast and marmalade/jam and of course the wonderful 'full English fry-up'!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and it was a shame that it was only for one night but as the trip from Hampshire was to view homes in Bridgwater (and we didn't find 'the one') so I can see that we will probably have to return soon ..... and guess where we'll be staying? Yep, Polden Vale providing they are not full..... and I can't wait!!
Kim & John Cavanagh (and Suki & Holly)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgwater
Premier Inn Bridgwater Hotel
Premier Inn Glastonbury Hotel
The Bower Inn
The Bower Inn
#2 of 31 in Bridgwater

Been to Polden Vale Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!