“You must try its amazing :-)”
Review of Tudor Hotel

Tudor Hotel
Tudor Hotel
Ranked #9 of 31 Bridgwater B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Fabulous place to stay , such a warm welcoming family business. Staff are all polite and are very willing to help and go the extra mile for you . Rooms are beautiful, warming with lovely amount of space. Very clean bathroom , shower and bath is lovely. Warm water always, The beds are very comfortable, a very blissful nights sleep was had, food is amazing, a lovely variety to choose from and all presented well. Greeted with a smile at the reception and shown to the room . A car park was also available which was fantastic not having to worry about traffic wardens. Also on our stay we were told and shown to the bar 27 next door which is also part of the hotel, lovely bar , so chilled out and welcoming, all different age groups and everyone smiling and enjoying themselves , would definitely recommend that you should pop your head in and have a drink or 2 . All in all I would definitely recommend this lovely hotel and restaurant for anyone to stay in .

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Naomi S

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were lucky enough to stay at this hotel for carnival weekend, We arrived on Friday lunchtime and shown where to park our car. Our room was lovely, situated at the back of the hotel looking over a central courtyard - oh good! we thought a nice quiet room however that was not the case, as the hotels night club also share that area as their smoking area - my only minor grumble it was noisey until 1.00am I did make a minor complaint and it was dealt with to the best of their ability but I do feel that they should make the night club customers go out into the street to smoke as there was no music noise at all. Let me emphasis this was a minor problem for us but may be worth asking for a room not over looking that area if you do like peace and quiet. The staff, food and ambience could not be beaten and if you are visiting for carnival it literally passes the door ! We will definitely try to stay here again if we are lucky enough to go to the carnival again - would especially love to take the grand kids !!!

Room Tip: If you like a quiet room ask for one not over looking the courtyard
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

On arrival we were taken up to our room - Room 14 (which is also the honeymoon suite). This was up in the eaves and along a maze of corridors! It was OK as we only had overnight baggage. The double room was comfortable with a full size wardrobe and modern ensuite. There was a small wall mirror. The walls are thick so sound proofing is good, but we were woken at 11.30 by the man upstairs talking loudly on his phone on hands free! Wooden floor boards are not sound proofed understandably.
The staff were very friendly, helpful and the breakfast was very good. Small cooked breakfast or large! We had one of each, cereal, plenty of toast, tea and coffee. Excellent!
The pub has use of a car park about 50 metres from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I wasn't aware of the hotel until 15 minutes before I arrived which was late at night. The hotel was found by the helpful manageress of the local but full up Travelodge. She had arranged a good deal with the hotel and when I arrived I could tell why. As soon as I arrived nothing was any trouble. The gentleman who opened the door (probably an owner) couldn't do enough for me. By arriving very late a generous discount was provide, breakfast was included and due to availability a room upgrade was offered which I took. He said he was available for me for his assistance until 2am.
The room was perfect, with the bed the most comfortable I have slept in. Breakfast was first class, all freshly cooked, I could have whatever I wanted. I will certainly be returning for a longer stay. It was just great, I couldn't fault the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Polo B
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Very warm welcome, shown to our room and pleasantly decorated with an en suite of bath/shower . Clean room with all mod cons etc! Food was all home prepared and cooked by chef. Breakfast such a varied menu and cooked to order. I would recommend this cosy family run hotel.

Room Tip: rooms facing front of hotel are less noisy
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sue K
Reviewed 30 July 2013

second time I have stayed for one night only, the hotel room suited me well. Everything I required, small but very compact. Nicely decorated. The showroom looked new, good quality fittings, and most of all, powerful hot shower. Only issue I had was the building is clearly very old, and there are so many stairs and corridors for a two storey building, every time I left the my room I came out downstairs in a different place. breakfast was delicious, liked the free Sunday paper to read as well.

I would definitely stay here again. The staff are all very friendly and efficient, and made me feel very welcome.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Craig.29
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Small hotel with about 16 rooms - I had room 9 which was a single with en suite shower room - very friendly welcome (chef parked my car in a private car park upon arrival), nicely furnished very clean room - shower room looked new and was spotless. Breakfast was good and waiting staff very friendly and efficient.

Only downside was the noise and smoke from the courtyard directly below the room window late at night - having the windows closed was not an option as it was a very warm night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo