“Excellent although limited menu”
Review of The Hood Arms - CLOSED

The Hood Arms
Cuisines: European
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed at this pub in the rooms available and had the evening meal.

Whilst the food was very good and I enjoyed my meal thoroughly, my partner likes simple meals this meant she had a very limited selection.

All in all very good though.

There are newer reviews for The Hood Arms

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We ate lunch here for two consecutive days. We have eaten here many times in the past, but always either in summer or at the weekend, and the menu has been extensive. During the week in the off-season the menu was limited, with a few specials along with sandwiches, omlettes, etc. Having said this, I enjoyed the two panini rolls I had, tuna mayonnaise on day one, BLT day two. My hubbie had the home-made burger on day one (very meaty and delicioius), and the chicken curry on day two, badged as mild to medium, but definitely medium. All sandwich/roll dishes are well presented on large wooden boards. There is a very fine selection of beers - it is a CAMRA pub, and a good wine list.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We have visited the Hood a few times now. Previously the food was excellent but our recent visit for lunch was really disappointing. The pub has a lovely bar area with log fire, but tables out the back can feel a little isolated and the food has now taken a real turn for the worse. Not sure if the chef has changed, the menu looks the same but the quality was poor- many dishes were sold out, all dishes came with chips, and these were insufficient, flabby and cold. Not sure we will be coming back to eat on this experience, sorry!

1  Thank Loubylou196
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Liked everything.
Disliked nothing.
Every dish was served up with a smile and eaten with great enthusiasm. Delicious.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Lovely old inn with plenty of character and a large cosy restaurant. Great for a drink sat by the log fire reading the papers or a lunch or dinner. We have had a couple of family get togethers in the restaurant and can`t fault the standard of food and value.