Review Highlights
Vineyard visit

Had a lovely time at the vineyard, walk round vineyard, talk about the vineyard and wine tasting... read more

Reviewed 23 August 2018
Phil G
Minehead, United Kingdom
Interesting and welcoming

I booked this for my birthday with 10 guests. Excellent wines and a knowledgable talk/tour by owner... read more

Reviewed 1 July 2018
sptasec
Bristol, United Kingdom

All reviews wine tasting great afternoon wines produced her husband iain farmhouse picnic lane vines somerset
Reviewed 12 December 2016

Having tasted one of the wines at a nearby restaurant we went there on a wet December morning (pre-booking required) obviously way out of season for the vineyard visit. We were welcomed into the winemakers house and sat chatting over some really delicious wines.
Thoroughly recommended

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank JohnofBurgundy
Reviewed 30 August 2016

We visited Oatley Vineyard this weekend just gone, we had such a lovely time, trying all the wines, walking round the vineyard being told all about the grapes and the history of this family run business. Jane and her husband were very friendly. We drank wine and had a picnic which was lovely. I would definitely recommend if you are a lover of white wine! All of the wines we tasted were really great & we purchased quite a few bottles!!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I'd pre-booked a visit and tasting at Oatley and was pleasantly greeted by Iain who's exceptional knowledge introduced us to both Oatley wines and answered any general questions. The vines sit in a perfect plot of land and we were lucky to have the sun up ahead which made the experience more magical. The wines had a unique flavour and exceeded my expectations - my favourite is the Leonora 2013. I would definitely go back and buy some more bottles - a great activity day for me and my friends.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 20 July 2016

The vineyard is off the beaten track at the very end of a narrow lane. You've just got to keep the faith and keep driving until you reach it and ignore the sat nav instructions to do a u-turn. It is well worth it. We were there for a private birthday celebration on a bright, warm day and the vineyard looked beautiful. It is very small and non-commercial and the wines are made off site but we had a tour and did some wine tasting. The owners were very welcoming and hospitable and Ian led an informative tasting session. We took out own picnic-there is no food available on site- and were able to put it in the outdoor wine fridge. We had a long wooden table under a gazebo so we were well shaded from the heat. Jane and Ian laid the table beautifully with wild roses and empty wine bottles. All in all a very pretty, laid-back and interesting place for a summer celebration. I believe it is open at weekends but only by arrangement at other times but the website is very good and has all the information.I would certainly recommend it for a group gathering for a special occasion.

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank jmg1232016
Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

We were staying nearby and heard about a small local vineyard so just dropped in.
What a gem of a place!
The lovely owner gave us a tour of the vines and a taster of a couple of wines.
Ended up buying 2 bottles of Jane's 2014, so nice
I had hidden them in the back of the fridge but my husband opened one for some friends visiting from South Africa who were gobsmacked that the UK could produce such a fantastic wine! Not surprised it's an award winner...

Date of experience: May 2016