“Terrible food & service”
Review of Moon & Sixpence

Moon & Sixpence
Ranked #20 of 59 Restaurants in Clevedon
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Terrible food & service”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I waited for over an hour for our food to arrive and when it did, the standard of the food was very poor. The fish was tasteless and the potatoes only lukewarm.
Nearly every table around us complained about some aspect of their meal and one lady on the next table was given a full refund on her chicken meal after complaining that the chicken was like a piece of rubber.
Another adjoining table, three women waited a similar time to us and when their meals did arrived only two meals had been cooked.
I even had to ask the barmaid to give me another pint as the original one went flat within a couple of minutes.
Absolutely terrible service which is a shame as the pub itself is very nice.

Visited July 2014

Napier, New Zealand
“Good pub grub”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very busy place on Clevedon's sea front and the food is the reason. Nothing fancy, just good simple pub food cooked well and plenty of it. Nice atmosphere - on a nice day you can eat outside.

• Visited August 2013
england
“Is this the best pub food in Somerset ?”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My answer is yes .... I would give this top rating ,my wife and I met my cousin their for Sunday lunch ,we sat on the balcony with great sea views ,we had nut roast for me and the girls had baked sea trout with salad and new potatoes ,my veggie meal was so well cooked ,tasty with fresh veg new pots and veggie gravy nicely served separately ,(a note to the chef ..this was slightly let down by frozen roasters.). Service was very good ,all food is cooked to order ,so it takes what it takes ,and it's worth the wait .the pub is friendly nice atmosphere,and I really felt at home here .i would recommend this for a visit ,limited parking available at the front ,great walking clevedons Victorian sea front ,try popping in next door to the pottery and the gift/jewellers this has an extraordiary garden hidden it the back you can look round.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank paul d
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely views and food very good.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have been here a handful of times and the food has always been very good.

There is a downstairs area and then a few steps to the bar area (this is the locals domain-but all are friendly) and there is an upstairs dining area and there is a seating area at the front of the pub.

We sat upstairs overlooking the Welsh coast and the estuary (tide out as per). I had the steak and ale pie and my partner had the bacon baked potato. The pie was loaded with meat-too much for me-the chips were really good too. My partner really enjoyed her baked potato and it was proper butcher's bacon and not the water injected stuff that the supermarkets sell these days.

There appeared to be a fair selection of cask ales. The menu is quite short and "pub", which is what you want. It's not going to give you the "wow" factor but it won't let you down and is always hearty. All in all well worth a punt when you're next in Clevedon.

• Visited July 2014
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Excellent as usual”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The service and accommodation at this pub are always excellent, nothing being too much trouble, we have stayed on a number of occasions, the best room being the largest at the front, although the disabled room on the ground floor takes some beating.

Visited February 2014