“Never had such bad service!”
Review of Moon & Sixpence

Moon & Sixpence
Ranked #18 of 59 Restaurants in Clevedon
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Ordered our food with a Hungary four year old and our newborn asleep, hoping to eat before he woke for a feed. All we ordered was a ploughmans a tuna salad and a jacked and chips.
One hour later we asked where our food was, at this point my baby was waking. 10 minutes later it arrived.... No chips.
The Tuna salad was not tuna mayo, had no coleslaw or dressing as advertised so was sent back. Finally the chips came. Another 15 minutes later they still hadn't managed to make another salad. At this point I was so mad I said I didn't want it. The manager aged about 25 and ignorant (too busy talking to friends at the bar) offered a measly refund for just the salad.
On leaving Hungary and annoyed no one on the next table moved their chairs in for me to get my pram out! Rude staff, horrendous customer service, rude customers!
What made it worse is the people sat next to us who ordered 45 minutes after us had their cooked food before our salads.

1  Thank Toni R
There are newer reviews for Moon & Sixpence

Reviewed 23 July 2014

1st time I have ever left a review but experience so bad, had to. Staff attitude bad, bar staff had irritated attitude when placing order. Waited so long for meal had to go ask how much longer it would be. Notice did say there are delays when busy, but it wasn't busy, Wednesday, only 3 -4 other diners. Had VERY burnt gammon, chared in fact, it was dried out and tough, even had trouble cutting it with a steak knife. Pineapple looked a bit off and also burnt. Several new potatoes looked bruised and dodgy from the outside, confirmed they were when cut into them. Notice when other tables cleared of dirty plates, table was not cleaned down, food was left scattered all over the tables. Never asked if food was ok and they had such a bad attitude had every confidence they wouldn't care. Other reviews prove my point on that score. Wish I had read reviews first. Won't ever go there again.

1  Thank SandFlipflop
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Waited for 50 minutes for a baked potato. I asked three people about the whereabouts of the meal. Two of them said they would check it, but never came back, the last said it would be 2 minutes, I waited another 20 before it arrived. When it did arrive the potato was undercooked. No word of an apology about the long wait. In the mean time the other two people I was with ate and were finished 20 minutes before mine arrived.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I had an evening meal at the M&S, sat at a table overlooking the Severn, a beautiful view, particularly as the far side was shrouded in mist.
The wine was a bit steep at £14.50 - I could have bought the same at Tesco for a fiver.
we had baked camembert to start, very tasty and well done, could have done with a little more bread.
My wife's chicken and leek pie was superb, the chips were light and crispy.
I chose the 3 lamb chops, always a bit of a risk as in other restaurants the donor lambs must have been anorexic. The meat on all 3 was plentiful, well cooked and delicious, and served with a healthy Greek salad.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I waited for over an hour for our food to arrive and when it did, the standard of the food was very poor. The fish was tasteless and the potatoes only lukewarm.
Nearly every table around us complained about some aspect of their meal and one lady on the next table was given a full refund on her chicken meal after complaining that the chicken was like a piece of rubber.
Another adjoining table, three women waited a similar time to us and when their meals did arrived only two meals had been cooked.
I even had to ask the barmaid to give me another pint as the original one went flat within a couple of minutes.
Absolutely terrible service which is a shame as the pub itself is very nice.